Employment in The Villages

Old 01-28-2024, 12:30 AM
Default Employment in The Villages

I wanted to see if anybody has had the same experience with the Villages human resources department that I have had. I have been trying to get a job through them for the past six months, applying for positions that I am well qualified for. They say that they are not going to move forward with my application, and when I ask them why, the only answer they give me is, I am not a good fit. When I press them further, and ask them what they meant by that, all they told me was that it’s not doing my case any good to keep on calling and harassing them if I ever wanted to be employed by The Villages in the future. I’m not calling to harass them. they at least owe me an explanation as to why I can’t be employed by The Villages.

Old 01-28-2024, 05:22 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,046 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffk1023 View Post
I wanted to see if anybody has had the same experience with the Villages human resources department that I have had. I have been trying to get a job through them for the past six months, applying for positions that I am well qualified for. They say that they are not going to move forward with my application, and when I ask them why, the only answer they give me is, I am not a good fit. When I press them further, and ask them what they meant by that, all they told me was that it’s not doing my case any good to keep on calling and harassing them if I ever wanted to be employed by The Villages in the future. I’m not calling to harass them. they at least owe me an explanation as to why I can’t be employed by The Villages.

Why do they owe you an "explanation"?

You want a job, they don't want to give you one. End of story.

Old 01-28-2024, 05:46 AM

Quote:
If you don't mind me asking, what jobs are you applying for?

Old 01-28-2024, 06:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

You got an explanation. You are not a good fit.

Old 01-28-2024, 06:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,611 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
///

Old 01-28-2024, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
I'm not sure any applicant is owed an explanation that goes into any more detail than that. It all depends on what is being applied for.

What the OP MIGHT want to do is to take the bull by the horns, so to speak, and apply in person at places that need help. Very few businesses in and around TV are NOT looking for workers. The Villages HR Dept. supplies (I assume) workers only for positions that are directly related to TV--gate guards, Community Watch and the like. But (again, assuming) there are vastly more opportunities in and around TV than there are positions working FOR TV.

Old 01-28-2024, 08:28 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
You got an explanation. You are not a good fit.
And if they give you the true reason they may be opening themselves to legal action. Not a good fit is a great generic reason. Also, there are lots of jobs outside of TV that will pay more and also have flexible hours.

Old 01-28-2024, 08:34 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,195 Times in 761 Posts

Its obvious there is something in your application they don't like, so move on, lots of jobs outside the Villages.

Old 01-28-2024, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,940 Times in 2,460 Posts

Quote:
In any company or business to walk into high level positions you have to be related or referred under the table. Otherwise you have to start at bottom and be proven loyal yes person if you want a do nothing job.

Old 01-28-2024, 08:55 AM

They can tell a lot in your credit report. Poor score=unreliable.

Old 01-28-2024, 09:02 AM

Did you apply to the VCDD or with the developer..."The Villages" but which one...The VCDD is the Community Development District and Careers in The Villages is the developer...please be more specific

Old 01-28-2024, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1957TBird View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what jobs are you applying for?
Caretaker and trolley driver

Old 01-28-2024, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daily Run View Post
Did you apply to the VCDD or with the developer..."The Villages" but which one...The VCDD is the Community Development District and Careers in The Villages is the developer...please be more specific
Developer, wanting caretaker and trolley job

Old 01-28-2024, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Developer, wanting caretaker and trolley job
Advice I would drop it, if the staff feels you are basically stalking, harassment them there isn’t any good will come to you. No business owe you an explanation other than what was explained. Their reasoning will not get any attention from an attorney. Much less a job offer

Old 01-28-2024, 12:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
With all due respect, they owe you nothing.

Tags
villages, wanted, calling, good, employed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.