Empty lot next to Lowes

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Sage
Default Empty lot next to Lowes

Does anyone know what's going on the large empty lot next to Lowes on 441?
Old 02-07-2013, 04:10 PM

They're building an assisted living facility.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

A new Assisted Living
Old 02-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Veteran member

They are building an assisted living facility, alot like the one on Griffin Rd.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,428 Times in 2,423 Posts

Big Sign on 441.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Does anyone know what's going on the large empty lot next to Lowes on 441?
WOW Big Surprise. Assisted living Facilities in The Villages are beconing the Big Box Stores of everwhere else.

Now that The devloper has announced The Villages will be building Health care centers, unknown as yet who will be alowed to use these faciities, I guess we will no longer
see private investors dong the same in the area.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:23 AM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

Assisted Livings vs health care facilities are two different entities. First, the Assisted Livings are all privately owned, they have nothing to do with The Villages development. With the increasing population in The Villages, many people move their parents down here as well (often so that they can move to The Villages as they do not want to leave a parent behind and alone); and an assisted living provides a safe and secure environment for those who need extra support and cannot live with their families. Assisted livings provide meals, caregivers, activities, entertainment, friendship, transportation, rehabilitation, medication management, and memory care. We are also a community of mostly seniors and assisted livings will allow us to remain living in The Villages when the time comes when we can no longer manage on our own for whatever reason, but want to stay in The Villages. The Assisted Livings in The Villages are not big box stores. They are beautiful communities which provide loving care to those who live there and offer an ambience and safety net that families can feel good about and residents can feel at home in. Additionally, Assisted Livings create jobs and contribute to the local community. I think they add options and opportunity to the area on many levels.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,924 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane032657 View Post
assisted livings vs health care facilities are two different entities. First, the assisted livings are all privately owned, they have nothing to do with the villages development. With the increasing population in the villages, many people move their parents down here as well (often so that they can move to the villages as they do not want to leave a parent behind and alone); and an assisted living provides a safe and secure environment for those who need extra support and cannot live with their families. Assisted livings provide meals, caregivers, activities, entertainment, friendship, transportation, rehabilitation, medication management, and memory care. We are also a community of mostly seniors and assisted livings will allow us to remain living in the villages when the time comes when we can no longer manage on our own for whatever reason, but want to stay in the villages. The assisted livings in the villages are not big box stores. They are beautiful communities which provide loving care to those who live there and offer an ambience and safety net that families can feel good about and residents can feel at home in. Additionally, assisted livings create jobs and contribute to the local community. I think they add options and opportunity to the area on many levels.
Extremely well said. Thank you Jane.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:03 AM
Veteran member

Hawthorn Retirement has 2 huge living facilities off of 466 and they plan on expanding not only in that location but over into Brownwood as well.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane032657 View Post
Assisted Livings vs health care facilities are two different entities. First, the Assisted Livings are all privately owned, they have nothing to do with The Villages development. With the increasing population in The Villages, many people move their parents down here as well (often so that they can move to The Villages as they do not want to leave a parent behind and alone); and an assisted living provides a safe and secure environment for those who need extra support and cannot live with their families. Assisted livings provide meals, caregivers, activities, entertainment, friendship, transportation, rehabilitation, medication management, and memory care. We are also a community of mostly seniors and assisted livings will allow us to remain living in The Villages when the time comes when we can no longer manage on our own for whatever reason, but want to stay in The Villages. The Assisted Livings in The Villages are not big box stores. They are beautiful communities which provide loving care to those who live there and offer an ambience and safety net that families can feel good about and residents can feel at home in. Additionally, Assisted Livings create jobs and contribute to the local community. I think they add options and opportunity to the area on many levels.
Thank you. It seems some of the unhappy.ones will take any piece of information to attack the Develooer...It amazes can anyone so fortunate to live in this beautiful environment created by thrpe Morse Family can be unhappy. It is sad that we do not see all thr beauty and beautiful around us. Thank God it is a small minority.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Big Sign on 441.
Sorry, I am usually driving so I can't look over to see the sign. Too much traffic on that road. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas

WOW Jane. Excellent job of explaining Assisted Living!

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 02-09-2013, 02:41 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Freedom Pointe across from the Villages Hospital owned by the developer?
Old 02-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirlov View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Freedom Pointe across from the Villages Hospital owned by the developer?
Brookdale Senior Living, Inc owns Freedom Pointe.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:13 PM

Yes, but isn't the land and the building owned by the developer?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.