Empty Shelves

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2020, 06:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I think the previous poster was referring to people who do it on purpose. We had that problem last week - customers were coming in and digging down into the dispenser stand, pulling up a couple of inches worth of wipes and stuffing them into ziplock baggies in their purses.

A couple of customers didn't even bother with that - they just opened the dispenser and took the whole box of wipes.

That might be one of the reasons there's someone wiping the carts down at the stores now FOR the customers - to reduce the amount of people who will just take the wipes.
I'm so disappointed in our fellow neighbors and friends. They should be ashamed of themselves. It is true what they say about seniors and the sugar packets and such from fast food places and restaurants. This is a sad reality.
Old 03-20-2020, 06:57 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishakaye View Post
I think they should have started that sooner. I snagged a pork tenderloin a couple days ago but ended up giving it to the elderly woman in line behind me. Husband and I don’t need 3 meals a day. Courtesy is out the window
What a nice thing you did! I commend you.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,507 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I'm so disappointed in our fellow neighbors and friends. They should be ashamed of themselves. It is true what they say about seniors and the sugar packets and such from fast food places and restaurants. This is a sad reality.
It wasn't exclusively seniors. But - given that the vast majority of customers to Villages supermarkets are seniors - it was mostly seniors.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

To misquote a Mr. M. Gandhi.

There is enough food in the shops for everyones need,
but not enough for everyones greed!
Old 03-21-2020, 11:34 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Kudos to Publix for cleaning the carts. Thumbs down to Sumter Landing Winn Dixie today. No wipes, sanitizer, or staff at the front door. Not very responsible in my opinion . I had paper towels and plastic gloves but that isn't the point.

I experienced this, as well, at LSL WD. Produce shelves very dirty, too. I have the sense WD is low on employees. I had my own sanitizing wipes but did get the feeling they didn’t care.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:36 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Believe me, I tried to take only one. Really, only one is all anyone needs. I pulled and three came out all at once and it was impossible to snatch only one without touching the other two. I'm really good at this too because I use these wipes all the time at the gym. So sorry.

Publix and Winn Dixie are out of the wipes at this point. I was at a Publix on 441 today and they had someone wiping down the cart handles and the front of the baskets. She let me know which baskets were already wiped down and ready to go.
Coffeebean, ironically you responded to my post saying that Winn Dixie posted a sign to take only one wipe while I was there. Today I was back and guess what - three wipes popped out. I was embarrassed. Will try harder next time!

Tags
listed, list, brands, products, pasta

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.