Encouraging & Inspiring

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2023, 07:22 PM
Default Encouraging & Inspiring

I want to share with you something that took place at the 7 Eleven Store near Brownwood (at corner of Powell and 44A next to Shooter's World). I think it encouraging, inspiring and worthy of sharing.

So around 10:30pm last night (Thursday, 11/23) one of the store employees had just finished his shift. He name is Cody. Turns out that in the parking lot was a younger couple and an older man. Possibility father to one of the young couple. They were returning to Ocala when they had a flat tire. Not knowing the area well and with no spare they were seeking assistance about where they could get their tire repaired or replaced. Really very limited to no options at that time of night and on a holiday night.

So, what does Cody, the store employee, do? He takes the spare out of his less than a month-old new car! Yep, he lends the complete strangers his new car spare tire on a promise that they will return it! When asked why he did what he did he replied, It's the right thing to do, I'm proud of my store and I wanted to help out my customers!

I don't know about you, but I find Cody's actions and attitude, rare, refreshing and encouraging.

And, yes, in an effort to recognize and reinforce positive customer centered experiences, earlier today I did go to the store and share what had happened with the store manager.

Just wanted to share with you. We need more people with this level of character. Lots more.
Old 11-24-2023, 07:47 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,046 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr1436 View Post
I want to share with you something that took place at the 7 Eleven Store near Brownwood (at corner of Powell and 44A next to Shooter's World). I think it encouraging, inspiring and worthy of sharing.

So around 10:30pm last night (Thursday, 11/23) one of the store employees had just finished his shift. He name is Cody. Turns out that in the parking lot was a younger couple and an older man. Possibility father to one of the young couple. They were returning to Ocala when they had a flat tire. Not knowing the area well and with no spare they were seeking assistance about where they could get their tire repaired or replaced. Really very limited to no options at that time of night and on a holiday night.

So, what does Cody, the store employee, do? He takes the spare out of his less than a month-old new car! Yep, he lends the complete strangers his new car spare tire on a promise that they will return it! When asked why he did what he did he replied, It's the right thing to do, I'm proud of my store and I wanted to help out my customers!

I don't know about you, but I find Cody's actions and attitude, rare, refreshing and encouraging.

And, yes, in an effort to recognize and reinforce positive customer centered experiences, earlier today I did go to the store and share what had happened with the store manager.

Just wanted to share with you. We need more people with this level of character. Lots more.
Thanks for sharing that story.

Definitely a non-typical post for TOTV.
Old 11-24-2023, 08:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Wonderful story! Thanks to Cody a family in need could return home on a holiday evening. His kind soul helped these people. No matter how the story ends he is a generous person.
Old 11-24-2023, 09:08 PM

Thank you for sharing!
Old 11-24-2023, 10:15 PM

What a wonderful story. Thank you for sharing, and I hope you don’t mind, I copied and pasted elsewhere so others could be lifted by it also.
Old 11-25-2023, 02:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Wonderful, kindness is contagious.
Old 11-25-2023, 04:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks for making my morning.
Old 11-25-2023, 05:59 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default Thanks

So refreshing, thank you for sharing!

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 11-25-2023, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Cody is a good man, we need more like him.
Old 11-25-2023, 10:05 AM
Veteran member

The moral of the story is don't drive without a spare as there might not always be a Cody.

I think acts of kindness happen more often than the internet would have you believe.
Old 11-25-2023, 01:20 PM

Great story! I hope everyone takes a moment to (1) say thanks to Cody if you frequent that location and (2) check to make sure you have a spare and it has air. After several years, you can expect it to leak out. If nothing else, ask your mechanic to check it the next time you have it in for something else.

Something else I have started doing is carrying a tire repair kit in each of my cars. They are cheap, and pretty easy to use if you get a nail in the tread of your tire. Just jack up the tire, pull out the nail, and quickly pop the plug in per the instructions. You may not even need to pull the tire off. Can be a lifesaver if it's after hours/weekends, and a repair shop isn't open, and your spare isn't serviceable for some reason, or you don't want to hassle with putting it on. Of course, carry an emergency inflation pump as well!
Old 11-26-2023, 05:41 AM

Appropriate that this was on Thanksgiving Day.

Garden City, Long Island, NY
West Islip, Long Island, NY
Village of Citrus Grove (2021)
Village of Newell (2023)
Old 11-26-2023, 06:26 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,142 Times in 883 Posts

Wonderful story. Inspiring indeed.
Old 11-26-2023, 06:37 AM

So refreshing to hear your story. What a wonderful young man.

Happy Holidays
Old 11-26-2023, 07:16 AM
Smile

Quote:

Closed Thread

Tags
store, tire, encouraging, night, share

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.