Evening with The Developer

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2019, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,336 Times in 874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
BTW -- I do get it. Understand it? Well -- I equate this blind adoration with a type of brown nosing, hoping that the right people will notice. I understand why people do it.

I didn't ask anyone to justify it and as you said, everyone is welcome to their opinion. I'm in agreement with you there.
Wow....speechless. You equate grateful with adoration.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-13-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Which is what this business is EVERYWHERE, except here you have so, so, so much more than anywhere else and get it for more than a reasonable cost. Did you even investigate other communities and the HOA fees/amenities ratio? You evidently don't understand what it takes to develop a place like this....Harold Schwartz did which is why he asked Gary move here (1983) and manage the 386 Orange Blossoms Gardens (now the Historical Section) and work with him to implement his vision. From 2003 (when Harold died) Gary and family continued with high investment and risk and the they are due every dollar of ROI that they get. What you have today is that vision and if having someone implement that vision doesn't deserve your gratitude I have great sorrow for you. If you don't feel gratitude for the lifestyle you have here I feel sorry for you. If you extend your disdain to all successful people I feel sorry for you. EOR

Whoa!

Gratitude? I simply said that we are paying for what we have here and will continue to pay for everything.

I am well aware of many other adult communities and what they cost and what they offer. I would even venture to say that I am better versed in that than you might be from having lived in a number of different places and looked at many places.

I didn't say that the family hasn't worked hard for what they have and I don't begrudge them one cent of what they've earned. I do feel that once in a while they could be more involved in some things and throw the dog a bone, but that's beside the point.

I didn't say that TV was a horrible place; it's quite the opposite. I didn't say that what we have here isn't worth it. There is no disdain on my part. Where did you get that??? Please don't read something into what I've said when it simply isn't there. I'm sorry you are so angry.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,559 Times in 1,931 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Whoa!

Gratitude? I simply said that we are paying for what we have here and will continue to pay for everything.

I am well aware of many other adult communities and what they cost and what they offer. I would even venture to say that I am better versed in that than you might be from having lived in a number of different places and looked at many places.

I didn't say that the family hasn't worked hard for what they have and I don't begrudge them one cent of what they've earned. I do feel that once in a while they could be more involved in some things and throw the dog a bone, but that's beside the point.

I didn't say that TV was a horrible place; it's quite the opposite. I didn't say that what we have here isn't worth it. There is no disdain on my part. Where did you get that??? Please don't read something into what I've said when it simply isn't there. I'm sorry you are so angry.
I am wondering about what things you think that the Morse Clan "should" do? I am not sure what bone the dog wants?

When I go into one of the recreation centers and see all of the lovely custom upholstered furniture and the lovely accessories and the card chairs are not the chintzy kind but mostly beautiful upholstered and heavy. it makes me happy. I feel that we all live like the Vanderbilts and the Upper Class lived in their hey-day. There are beautiful flowers and landscaping all around and trash is never left to lie around, the common areas are cared for and the buildings regularly painted and cleaned...and when there was major water from Hurricane Irma, they flooded their own golf courses to protect our homes. For thirteen years I have lived here and the Morses have done very few public appearances. They do not seem to seek or need to be applauded. I have no need for them to contribute to my favorite charity, and they would never satisfy anyone if they did. They are ordinary people from the middle part of the country.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,730 Times in 3,194 Posts

Quote:
Different times, different place, different business. If he received accolades it's because he received publicity, even if it was word of mouth. All business owners work hard to create a legacy and, unless your grandparents didn't need an income, do what is necessary to increase their revenue. You do or did the same.....unless you inherited a lot of money.
My grandfather was a dentist. But his patients didn't go out of their way to insert his name and his virtues into every conversation that might possibly be related, even remotely, to dentistry, or the town he lived in, or the town he worked in, or the car he drove, or the cigar he smoked, etc. etc. That would've been considered somewhat obsessive, and a little creepy.

There are people here who go out of their way to extol the virtues of the Morse Family, and interject accolades as such into posts that might involve the Morses, but not really be about them. When people go through the trouble of turning any thread that *involves* the Morses into a post *about* the Morses, it borders on the obsessive, which is a little creepy.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:13 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,944 Times in 3,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
My grandfather was a dentist. But his patients didn't go out of their way to insert his name and his virtues into every conversation that might possibly be related, even remotely, to dentistry, or the town he lived in, or the town he worked in, or the car he drove, or the cigar he smoked, etc. etc. That would've been considered somewhat obsessive, and a little creepy.

There are people here who go out of their way to extol the virtues of the Morse Family, and interject accolades as such into posts that might involve the Morses, but not really be about them. When people go through the trouble of turning any thread that *involves* the Morses into a post *about* the Morses, it borders on the obsessive, which is a little creepy.

That's random. Not even apples and oranges. Not sure how to even figure out the comparison..........even though I do wonder what cigar he smoked.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
IBut without Harold Schwartz's vision, I think we would be looking at a lot of vacant land and a horrible Wildwood slum.
We might have been looking at Disney. I read somewhere Walt was looking at this area way before Mr Schwartz. I think it was rejected because it wasn't at a "crossroads" of transportation. I believe the article was in the Happy News a while back. Don't remember exactly ... maybe it is all a hallucination. Wife read it also.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:08 PM
Question

Quote:
Wow....speechless. You equate grateful with adoration.

Now, kindly tell me exactly where did you read I said that??!?

Are you telling me I said that previously . . . when I didn't?
Some people may feel that way but I certainly don't!
Old 05-14-2019, 05:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,559 Times in 1,931 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Some people like Hollywood stars and others like sports figures and sometimes I think they give THEM all kinds of virtues and accolades they don't deserve for just being physically beautiful and saying lines and pretending to be someone else or because they jump and run and throw better when two similar groups vie for superiority in a contest that really doesn't better the world or amount to a hill of beans when it is all said and done.

I remember when I first came here I thought there must be catch or conspiracy here. I wondered why this place didn't have a mayor and the usual kind of city government. I wondered who was making big on us.

I like how it is run. I doubt that other people would be able to pull it off and they would be greedy and selfish.

I am a fan and I wasn't born yesterday.

Y'all may turn into a fan too when you have lived here as long as many of us have.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:56 AM
TOTV Moderator

The topic is the "Evening with the Developer" presentation. The discussion has veered off into a predictable love 'em or hate 'em debate on the Morse family.

Please keep your posts directed at the topic and not each other or the thread will be closed.

Old 05-14-2019, 06:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,456 Times in 2,433 Posts

Quote:
I think you are correct about the financial things, and that is why Mr. Schwartz brought in his son to help out, which he certainly did.

But without Harold Schwartz's vision, I think we would be looking at a lot of vacant land and a horrible Wildwood slum.
The good people of Wildwood will take issue with this very derogatory statement.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:16 AM
Sage

I've never been to, "An Evening ............. ", but there are people who go, people who enjoy &/or people who are interested................and the Morse family takes the time to have these Evenings.

People who go don't need to explain/justify WHY?.

The presented information is never enough.

Each Morse generation will be different than the prior (as with all families) and will bring different ideas.

Labels are funny: Adoration, Gratitude, Brown Nosing, Respect.

Old 05-14-2019, 08:21 AM
fw102807

What would you expect from evening with the developer except a discussion of what they have accomplished and what they plan to do? Just because it was old news to you does not mean that it wasn't new to others. While some don't understand the "adoration" I do not understand the resentment. They run a highly successful business that many people benefit from including themselves. They never promised anyone utopia just a good place to live.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:27 AM
Sage

Does anyone remember which Morse generation started "Evening with the Developer" ?????

Just wondering who (or is it whom) started these events.

Thanks
Old 05-14-2019, 09:56 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,453 Times in 1,483 Posts

They are building so much so fast that it's hard to remember the names of all the new villages and rec. areas. Did you read about all of the amenities at Riverbend opening at the end of the month, what is beach tennis? This rec. center is a great addition to the southern villages and I can't wait to see it officially open.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,743 Times in 704 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
They are building so much so fast that it's hard to remember the names of all the new villages and rec. areas. Did you read about all of the amenities at Riverbend opening at the end of the month, what is beach tennis? This rec. center is a great addition to the southern villages and I can't wait to see it officially open.
Beach tennis is fun. Think of it as badminton, except using a ball and wooden paddles.
Closed Thread

Tags
presentation, months, cancel, substance, reschedule

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.