Evening with the Developer - are they having one this year?

Old 05-10-2024, 06:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatz View Post
It was held on Wednesday evening at the Sharon up in Spanish Springs.

There were six in person guests that were interviewed and as mentioned above, Mr. Morse was interviewed via pre-recorded video.

The session lasted about 90 minutes and was well attended. There were few empty seats in the room.

Can’t say that I gleaned any earth shattering information from the meeting but it was nice to hear the folks talk about their respective entities within the bubble.

One notable item is the UF Hospital group is taking their performance results seriously and have made strides to build their scores. Kudos!
Most informative post on this topic so far. Thank you
Old 05-10-2024, 07:04 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

As even Mr. Morse stated, times are a changing and this meeting is not what it use to be. In the past, there were no empty seats and many Morse family members would participate. I am note sure how relevant a VHA organization is as the Villages grows past a population of 150,000. And, I don't like the expressed feeling by a VHA leader that their organization represents the public on all maters and that elected officials could be bypassed. Note: No elected officials participated in this VHA event. However, I may be a tad bias as I am a elected official on a Village board.
Old 05-10-2024, 08:22 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,784 Times in 521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdecastro View Post
It will be on Comcast Channel 2 this weekend at 8. 12. 4 and 8. It should be posted on VHA | The Villages Homeowners Advocates within a week or so.
Heard you the 1st time.
Old 05-10-2024, 09:27 AM

My wife and I have looked forward to these developer meetings for the previous 17 years that we have lived in the villages. They have always been interesting and educational and we usually had to stand in long lines to get tickets. The Sharon was always 100% full, but not this year. I’m not sure what conclusions you can draw from that, but Mark Morse was not present
(except by video repeatedly saying yes, we’re going to just keep doing what we have always done but do it better). There were only a couple of family members present and virtually no new information was shared compared to past meetings. If you include the side balconies in the Sharon, I would estimate the room was 25% empty and they were giving out tickets at the door. My take away from the entire meeting was that the VHA president that ran the meeting is apparently getting ready to run for some sort of political office because all he did was pound his chest about what a great job the VHA has done under his guidance. It was basically a total waste of time and we will probably not go to future meetings, unfortunately. I love the villages and support the developer, but this meeting was a total bust.
Old 05-10-2024, 09:44 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich42 View Post
My wife and I have looked forward to these developer meetings for the previous 17 years that we have lived in the villages. They have always been interesting and educational and we usually had to stand in long lines to get tickets. The Sharon was always 100% full, but not this year. I’m not sure what conclusions you can draw from that, but Mark Morse was not present
(except by video repeatedly saying yes, we’re going to just keep doing what we have always done but do it better). There were only a couple of family members present and virtually no new information was shared compared to past meetings. If you include the side balconies in the Sharon, I would estimate the room was 25% empty and they were giving out tickets at the door. My take away from the entire meeting was that the VHA president that ran the meeting is apparently getting ready to run for some sort of political office because all he did was pound his chest about what a great job the VHA has done under his guidance. It was basically a total waste of time and we will probably not go to future meetings, unfortunately. I love the villages and support the developer, but this meeting was a total bust.
If flexing is the theme of the night....he’d be a great participant on this forum. Sometimes people confuse it with Zip Recruiter!
Old 05-10-2024, 12:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,533 Times in 1,920 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
You have been here awhile, I am surprised you ask if Family is on the stage.

Yes the family comes together to the event. It’s a ticketed event that has always been at full capacity. Some have special invitations.

It’s a coveted event, many people love what all Generations of the family does for their retirement life.
I so agree. We try to get to the ticket booth early so we can sit up front.
Old 05-10-2024, 01:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,533 Times in 1,920 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatz View Post
It was held on Wednesday evening at the Sharon up in Spanish Springs.

There were six in person guests that were interviewed and as mentioned above, Mr. Morse was interviewed via pre-recorded video.

The session lasted about 90 minutes and was well attended. There were few empty seats in the room.

Can’t say that I gleaned any earth shattering information from the meeting but it was nice to hear the folks talk about their respective entities within the bubble.

One notable item is the UF Hospital group is taking their performance results seriously and have made strides to build their scores. Kudos!
Accurate. I also expected some of the replies because some folks like the Morses better than others.
Old 05-10-2024, 03:14 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Accurate. I also expected some of the replies because some folks like the Morses better than others.
I think...and can only speak for myself, most are very complementary of the developer (Morses). The reports of a decline in attendance on a pretty nice evening to be at the Sharon...are hopefully not a sign of...or show of apathy. I plan on attending next year to hear Mark, hopefully in person....not really interested in a VHA open mic night.
Old 05-11-2024, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Heard you the 1st time.
I replied to two separate messages.

Garden City, Long Island, NY
West Islip, Long Island, NY
Village of Citrus Grove (2021)
Village of Newell (2023)
Old 05-11-2024, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
I know it usually happens in early May. I haven't heard anything about it this year, and all previous links to the event for 2024 seem to have been removed. Does anyone have any insight?
It was this past Wednesday evening. Mark Morse didn’t even attend but instead they played an interview video that he had prerecorded. My wife and I have been to the last three of these and we both agree last year’s was nearly worthless and this one was completely worthless. We received little to no new information. I don’t think we will go in the future.
Old 05-11-2024, 07:44 AM
Default On VNN

Check VNN ON TV NOW
Old 05-11-2024, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,235 Times in 2,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
There was an article in the DS yesterday about a video recorded conversation with Mark Morse. He apparently has a scheduling conflict.
A scheduling conflict? Then reschedule the meeting so the man in charge can be there to answer questions. No worries about having to answer difficult questions on a prerecorded video. From the line up of the panel, it was obviously a dog and pony show with an emphasis on attempting to put lipstick on the Villages substandard health care system. Im going out on a limb and guessing the rapid decline in golfing holes per rooftop and course conditions were not addressed?
Old 05-11-2024, 10:37 AM
Veteran member

Video is available. Looks like it's been rebranded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AmCGjpFKnw
Old 05-11-2024, 11:08 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
Video is available. Looks like it's been rebranded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AmCGjpFKnw
I like the opening frame...giving the impression it was sold out. I think I saw Kramer from Seinfeld in his role as a seat filler! Thanks for posting
Old 05-11-2024, 12:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,226 Times in 5,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
A scheduling conflict? Then reschedule the meeting so the man in charge can be there to answer questions. No worries about having to answer difficult questions on a prerecorded video. From the line up of the panel, it was obviously a dog and pony show with an emphasis on attempting to put lipstick on the Villages substandard health care system. Im going out on a limb and guessing the rapid decline in golfing holes per rooftop and course conditions were not addressed?
We were told it was Elsinore. That satisfies powers to be.

Tags
year, previous, links, event, evening

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.