Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Sage

Old 07-21-2011, 07:17 PM

GG: What a rough July you're having.

Earlier this month, Tony reprimands you for calling someone to task for his being negative. And now a fellow poster (who out of character) chastises you for your being positive.

If the most prolific, positive, and gracious of all of the great TOTV sages can be treated that way, as a mere member I am afraid...very afraid.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcneill View Post
GG: What a rough July you're having.

Earlier this month, Tony reprimands you for calling someone to task for his being negative. And now a fellow poster (who out of character) chastises you for your being positive.

If the most prolific, positive, and gracious of all of the great TOTV sages can be treated that way, as a mere member I am afraid...very afraid.

Awww Thanks!!!! I'll be OK *looking around* What??? You weren't talking to me????
Old 07-21-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
Awww Thanks!!!! I'll be OK *looking around* What??? You weren't talking to me????
Angie:

At the risk of being reprimanded for not responding to you via a pm....I must say that you are a trip!

BUT there are a few TOTVers whom I would prefer to never cross, and you are one of them. My little feelings would be so deeply hurt if I were to be called a troll. (BTW: my learning of the modern definition of "troll" from one of your recent posts ruined one of my favorite childhood stories- so much for gruff billy goats and bridges!)

That said, I am sooo glad that you generally use your wit and humor for good, and not evil.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post

New Poll:
Which "village" or "neighborhood" is the most desireable for its closeness to shopping as mentioned above.....and which are walkable for those who mentioned they'd love to walk on their errands.
VILLAGE OF BELVEDERE

Walking distance to Library and Southern Trace which has Publix, Crispers, Bealls Outlet, Hardware Store, Golf Store, restaurants, etc.

Minutes by golf cart to new Walmart, Bealls, Perkins, Bob Evans, Red Lobster, Bonefish Grill, Olive Garden, etc. Close to Bargains and Treasures.

10 minutes (driving) to Doggie Doo Run Run Dogpark which is awesome.

12 minutes by golf cart to Lake Sumter Landing.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Good Point. We might also miss the neighborhood corner grocery store or even gas station convenience stores which have replaced the corner mom and pop store of our childhoods. These small stores are convenient when one doesn't need to make a big shopping trip to the supermarket.

New Poll:
Which "village" or "neighborhood" is the most desireable for its closeness to shopping as mentioned above.....and which are walkable for those who mentioned they'd love to walk on their errands.

The Village of Caroline seems close to shopping, but is it truly walkable?
Please let us know which ones are and which ones are NOT.

We will be renting a house up near the Mulberry Grove Shopping Center , however, when I looked at it online, it seemed virtually dead. Could anyone volunteer what type of shops are there.....besides the Publix Supermarket?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
Hi Senior, When I rented in the Village of Chatham earlier this month, I shopped twice at Mulberry Grove -- got takeout from Toscani's and bought a bottle of wine at Kindred Spirits. I also saw a TV sales office and Beef O'Brady's which I didn't get a chance to stop at. I believe this sign at Beef O'Brady's at Mulberry Grove said they are open for breakfast.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Hi Senior, When I rented in the Village of Chatham earlier this month, I shopped twice at Mulberry Grove -- got takeout from Toscani's and bought a bottle of wine at Kindred Spirits. I also saw a TV sales office and Beef O'Brady's which I didn't get a chance to stop at. I believe this sign at Beef O'Brady's at Mulberry Grove said they are open for breakfast.
EXCELLENT. I just printed it out. Takeout sounds good. Ditto for breakfast.
Thanks.....

By the way, I know Chicago also had the heat wave, but we are NOT used to 95 degrees and 75 % humidity in Vermont. It happens, but not usual.

Yesterday it was 95 and 41 % humidity which was o.k. until the evening when the heat builds up. Today it is very "soupy" out....very tropical.

Today all the window airconditioners will get a workout.....but this is only supposed to last for a few more days...........still better than snow and ice.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
VILLAGE OF BELVEDERE

Walking distance to Library and Southern Trace which has Publix, Crispers, Bealls Outlet, Hardware Store, Golf Store, restaurants, etc.

Minutes by golf cart to new Walmart, Bealls, Perkins, Bob Evans, Red Lobster, Bonefish Grill, Olive Garden, etc. Close to Bargains and Treasures.

10 minutes (driving) to Doggie Doo Run Run Dogpark which is awesome.

12 minutes by golf cart to Lake Sumter Landing.

That all sounds very very good. I'll look on the big map from the Mercantile Store to see where the Village of Belvedere is.

How many minutes to Olive Garden by golf cart or by car........???

Great about the library as I still like real books, although we now have two kindles. THANK YOU.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Here's the layout for Mulberry Grove shopping:

http://www.thevillages.com/lifestyle...ry%20Grove.pdf

(and "You're Welcome!" in advance, senior - hee-hee!)

Bill
You are amazing.................thanks. I printed it out.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
That all sounds very very good. I'll look on the big map from the Mercantile Store to see where the Village of Belvedere is.

Great about the library as I still like real books, although we now have two kindles. THANK YOU.
OG is in the same area (Wedgewood shops) as Wal-Mart, Red Lobster, Crispers etc. etc. 5-10 min from Belvedere depending on where you live and which store.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Sage

Quote:

Olive Garden is one of several restaurants grouped together on the north side of Country Road 466 with Red Lobster, Bonefish and other stores. It would be about 10 minutes by golf cart from Belvedere, and a bit less by car. I have walked to that area from Belvedere, but it takes me at least 1/2 hour.

The Library is south of Country Road 466 and an easy walk from Belvedere. I read books on my iPad, but I also still like to visit the Library (it also has computers you can use).
Old 07-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Veteran member
Smile It was not my intention to cause an uproar, but

This thread which i started I guess about 2 yrs ago has gotten so long that I felt postings which had nothing to do with the topic should be kept to a PM. Actually I have not been having a bad day, or week it was just a thought.
Sorry that I pi**ed so many of you off. Have a nice day.
Larry
Wanabee future TVer
Old 07-22-2011, 04:01 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
Be vewwy vewwy carefuw Angie! Bill of Bill n Brillo might get upset enough by your eating his popcorn without his permission to sneak into your home in the middle of the night to confiscate your popcorn supply!

The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 07-22-2011, 04:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Be vewwy vewwy carefuw Angie! Bill of Bill n Brillo might get upset enough by your eating his popcorn without his permission to sneak into your home in the middle of the night to confiscate your popcorn supply!

The Villages Florida

Old 07-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Default Risk of hijacking the thread

This thread has turned into yarn. But too my point I think we need to promote Graciegirl for President in the next election. Nobody else has any good candidates. Or we all chip in and buy the Forum from the new owner (at a profit of course) and give it to Gracie girl and she can post whatever she wants whenever she wants.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.