Executive courses scramble prize money re-arrangement.

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Default Executive courses scramble prize money re-arrangement.

What is going on in the Villages scramble format? Now they are taking away our prize money sheets and not giving us anything to show for what we won. They say check with the computers at the country club pro shops if you want to know how much winnings you have. Is this another way to screw the Villagers, some of who will not be able to keep track of there winnings. Is this place constantly looking for ways to squeeze a Buck from golf players? Give us back our winnings in cold cash and stop trying to make a buck by a phony prize system. What do you think?
Old 07-27-2007, 03:36 PM
Default Re: Executive courses scramble prize money re-arrangement.

I don't believe they ever gave out cash, at least I used to get gift certificates, usable only at the pro shops. Now they are giving credits against your golf ID. If you look at the payout versus input on the executive courses, they receive 36 X $2 = $72. They payout $7(1st) + $5(2nd) + $3(3rd) = $15 X 4 = $60. They keep $12 to "run" each scramble flight. I've never won a closest to the pin so I don't know what fee they keep for that.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:52 PM

stupid question what is a golf id?
Old 07-27-2007, 04:04 PM

It was nice when the winners got real cash for their efforts, but TV powers took an obscure USGA rules and said that by winning CASH the winners are then promopted to the professional ranks and could be made ineligible for pure amatuer outings. At least that is how I remember it. But I think the bottom line is exactly that. No money shall leave TV without the developer getting his cut >
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.