Executive Golf South of 44 and North of Turnpike

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2021, 10:31 AM
Smile Executive Golf South of 44 and North of Turnpike

Hello,
I'm a new Villager in Hawkins and was wondering if anyone heard anything about an executive course planned South of 44 and North of Turnpike? They are working on a championship course along the turnpike but no executive. For the Villages of Hawkins, Bradford, Chitty Chatty, and Citrus Grove, its quite a long haul in a golf cart. For me, I would go north all the way to the new Water Lilly Bridge and then back south to the courses on south side of turnpike. Or if you cross Chitty Chatty, then to the courses up north. The closest being a good 25+ minute golf cart ride. Unfortunately, there's no golf cart access across the warm springs bridge. Thanks!
Old 04-14-2021, 04:11 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,563 Times in 724 Posts

Here's the best information (I may be biased) on upcoming golf in the area as it is known so far.
Golf Update in The Villages? - 11-18-2020 - YouTube
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 04-15-2021, 07:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,698 Times in 640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by colohigh View Post
For the Villages of Hawkins, Bradford, Chitty Chatty, and Citrus Grove, its quite a long haul in a golf cart.
It has always been like that. If you talk to the long-time residents of your neighborhood, access to executive golf courses has historically been a serious problem.
Old 04-15-2021, 09:00 AM
Gold member

We played with a couple from Marsh Bend at Amberwood last week. Took them 75 minutes to get there by their golf cart. The northern area always seems to have available tee times.
Old 04-15-2021, 09:35 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,429 Times in 1,471 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
It has always been like that. If you talk to the long-time residents of your neighborhood, access to executive golf courses has historically been a serious problem.
Not true at all. The long-time residents south of 44 live in Fenney, DeSoto, McClure, Linden, Monarch Grove, and Marsh Bend. All of which have more than one executive course nearby with the Red and Gray Fox courses opened early on. The newest villages that are on the north side of the Turnpike do not have easy access by golf car but do have very easy access to 5 executive courses as well as the pitch and putt course via automobile. TV is in the process of building more courses on that side and that should solve the problem. Rome was not built in a day and I think TV has done a great job opening the 6 courses that are already down here and are really making progress on more.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
The long-time residents south of 44 live in Fenney, DeSoto, McClure, Linden, Monarch Grove, and Marsh Bend.
Actually Hawkins pre-dates those new areas by 500 years. When Hernando De Soto came down the Withlacoochie River in 1540, his journals, to my knowledge, mention the settlement at Hawkins. If you walk along the beautiful new trail in Hawkins, you can see the remains of a fence going out into the marsh. That area was a thriving settlement hundreds of years ago.
Old 04-15-2021, 01:21 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,429 Times in 1,471 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Actually Hawkins pre-dates those new areas by 500 years. When Hernando De Soto came down the Withlacoochie River in 1540, his journals, to my knowledge, mention the settlement at Hawkins. If you walk along the beautiful new trail in Hawkins, you can see the remains of a fence going out into the marsh. That area was a thriving settlement hundreds of years ago.
Irrelevant as there are no "long-time" residents living there. You are more than just a little off topic.
Old 04-15-2021, 02:53 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

"serious problem"??? I think a bit of perspective is called for here....a serious problem is a heart attack, stroke, serious diabetes, etc. It's still a 1000 % better than any other place. Relax. Have a drink on the way...take a deep breath...look around you...we live in heaven on earth...don't think so? go to any other area in the country(other than deep woods, desert, the arctic or Antarctica)and let me know how they are better than the villages... for the money....$100 bet....
Old 04-15-2021, 02:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Irrelevant as there are no "long-time" residents living there.
When the original residents were threatened by the march of civilization, they retreated into the jungle that borders St. Catherine. You might be surprised who you meet in that secluded area.
Old 04-15-2021, 03:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,416 Times in 2,416 Posts

Old 04-15-2021, 07:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,649 Times in 965 Posts

So you golf and you bought a house that is not close to the 800 holes of golf.

There are plenty of home within a 10 minute golf cart ride from 54 holes of golf.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, south, north, turnpike, executive

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.