Fame...For ALL The Wrong Reasons

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2023, 08:18 AM

'Dog Bites Man' not a headline, but 'Man Bites Dog' yesiree. "If it bleeds it leads", is a newsroom rule-of-thumb. It's always been that way, even back in Shakespeare's day, "Et tu Brute?"
Old 08-09-2023, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,286 Times in 4,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
So block out the other news channels that are more in line with the rest of the democratic free world and only watch the one channel that was fined over $780 million for spreading lies and admitted their guilt. OK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
Were they fined, or did they choose to settle, so that the true degree of their complicitness would not be revealed in a law suit?
Only on ToTV... SMDH...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-09-2023, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,286 Times in 4,301 Posts

Let's see if the amazing new Charter School makes the National News...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,542 Times in 3,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougawhite View Post
'Dog Bites Man' not a headline, but 'Man Bites Dog' yesiree. "If it bleeds it leads", is a newsroom rule-of-thumb. It's always been that way, even back in Shakespeare's day, "Et tu Brute?"
Just don't ask that in the Leon County school system without first checking with their Dept. of Education to make sure that Shakespeare passage is permitted and age-appropriate.
Old 08-09-2023, 10:05 AM
Default Think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
So you believe the guy who threw the punch was thinking, "I'm going to kill that man?"

I believe he intended to hit him, hurt him, and embarrass him. I don't believe it even occurred to him that it might kill the man. The punch was intentional, the death was not.

Aren't there different charges for an intentional killing and an accidental one? If so, we'll see what he is charged and convicted of.
Intent does not matter, results matter. His action, not accidental, but intended, resulted in the death of a man. That is manslaughter in every state.
Old 08-09-2023, 10:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,412 Times in 2,072 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlee024 View Post
Intent does not matter, results matter. His action, not accidental, but intended, resulted in the death of a man. That is manslaughter in every state.
You quote my post and summarize what I wrote yet you seem to believe you are disagreeing with me.

The actions were intentional, the death was not. The charges will be brought by the prosecutor based partly on those facts.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-09-2023, 02:23 PM

From the news report, it was not ONE punch. And then he denied that he thought the guy was older than him. i guess he also doubted that the man was MUCH shorter than him also. Plus the man's wife was right there to witness the entire rage! Sounds like ro me that the man needed 'help' for his behavior way before that incident. And then it wasn't even his vehicle that was hit~!
Closed Thread

Tags
news, travels, church, treats, necessities

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.