Fiber optice providers in Spanish Springs Fiber optice providers in Spanish Springs - Page 2 - Talk of The Villages Florida

Fiber optice providers in Spanish Springs

Reply
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM
OrangeBlossomBaby OrangeBlossomBaby is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 12,633
Thanks: 10,412
Thanked 13,625 Times in 4,752 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
There is no evidence of "heaving" at any point where they went under the road or driveways near us. Drilling under solid surfaces has become commonplace.
No idea where you are, but over in my neck of the woods, you can feel a bump right after each marking at the side of the road where they flagged it for sprinklers (to prevent ruining the irrigation systems of the homes). Those bumps weren't there before T-Mobile showed up.

And there's a big one coming down from the private golf cart gate on Paradise, heading south toward the Boone Gate. It's not nearly as bad as the root that's pushing up the pavement on the path between Aldi's and Walmart but it's still pretty obvious and irritating, since it was perfectly smooth prior to the fiber installation.

I asked one of the workers, and he claimed they'd be coming with big rollers to flatten everything back out, in around a week. That was over a month ago. Never happened.
  #17  
Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM
npwalters's Avatar
npwalters npwalters is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,067
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1,408 Times in 448 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
No idea where you are, but over in my neck of the woods, you can feel a bump right after each marking at the side of the road where they flagged it for sprinklers (to prevent ruining the irrigation systems of the homes). Those bumps weren't there before T-Mobile showed up.

And there's a big one coming down from the private golf cart gate on Paradise, heading south toward the Boone Gate. It's not nearly as bad as the root that's pushing up the pavement on the path between Aldi's and Walmart but it's still pretty obvious and irritating, since it was perfectly smooth prior to the fiber installation.

I asked one of the workers, and he claimed they'd be coming with big rollers to flatten everything back out, in around a week. That was over a month ago. Never happened.
I can only speak about my village but that has not been the case here.
__________________
Pam&Nick

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
  #18  
Old Today, 07:31 AM
BobAugustine BobAugustine is offline
Newbie
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
We were discussing cable install. Do you know what caused the heaving you describe?
I was too.

Since the only 'crossing' of the road at that location was the fibre optic cable, I 'assume' that's what caused it. I don't suppose it was caused by a 'tiny earthquake'.

In fact, drive on Madero. Just about every 100 feet there is a heave in the road, some bad enough to crack the pavement.
  #19  
Old Today, 09:09 AM
DonnaNi4os DonnaNi4os is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 741
Thanks: 244
Thanked 383 Times in 239 Posts
Default

When I lived in NJ I had FIOS which is Verizon’s fiber optics. It was the best experiences I’ve had regarding internet/television/phone. I’d go back to them in a heartbeat. Right now my neighborhood has tiny striped flags marked for what I believe is fiber optic lines. I’m in Woodbury
Reply

Tags
fiber, spanish, springs, service, optic


You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.