Florida now #5 state in country for COVID-19 cases

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2020, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeser View Post
Since Florida is the third largest state by population, that means we are doing relatively well.
So far!
Old 04-03-2020, 10:36 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
So far!

I hope you knocked on wood.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRK1939 View Post
I don't know how to link the video but Dr David Price of Cornell Med Center in NY did a Zoom conference for friends and family providing common sense responses to many issues on this bug -- based on his experience to date treating patients at all levels of exposure. Is fairly long but you do want to watch it all. His one overiding message: social distancing and washing your hands.
The best video I have watched on life with the virus, how you catch it, how to manage it, how to live with someone who is positive, when to check into hospital, masks, shopping, the future normal, etc.

Maybe you can search for it using his name.
I believe this is the link. Protecting Your Family From COVID-19 by Dr. David Price - YouTube
Old 04-03-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Maybe not but it’s more deadly due to no vaccine
A few questions I'd like to get as many answers from as possible please.
I just did the numbers. This flu mortality rate is currently floating just above what the swine flu was 10 or so years ago and is dropping daily as more tests are given. I'd venture to guess in 2 weeks it will fall below the swine flu in death rate.
I remember the swine flu well. Had a few friends and family get (they're all still with us btw).
1. Why was there not a global economic shutdown then?
2. Why were governments not shutting down transportation etc. then?
2. Why were people not losing their minds then as they are now?
I'd probably have a few more why's later but those I'm really curious about.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:14 AM
Veteran member

I have been keeping an eye on number of hospitalizations to gauge severity compared to harder hit counties. Currently 10.5% of Broward's confirmed cases are in the hospital while Sumter has 31%. Not surprising given the demographics but even more reason for us to be cautious.

A plumber was at my house yesterday and was amenable to wearing the gloves and a mask I gave him, but did chide me that more people die of heart disease each year. Well sure dude, but ... not contagious.

I'm also not a big proponent of "thinning the herd" or laissez-faire health policies.

Last edited by queasy27; 04-03-2020 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:21 AM
Default Grim Prediction for FL

Here in CA, had a plan to put our home up for sale on April 15. That has been put on hold indefinitely. My wife and I will make it to TV at some point.
I’ve read all of these posts and have to shake my head at some of the replies. Trying to keep this short but the FL governor should have put a Shelter in Place order two weeks ago. Anyone disagree? Because of his delay, it’s going to cost many, many Floridian lives. Washing your hands and keeping your social distance is just basic advice. Stay home!!! Minimize the number of trips that you have to leave your home!!! Do NOT let anyone into your home, including family.Walking your dog? Keep others dogs away from your dog. If you have to go out, wear a mask, be careful of what you are touching and when you get home, wash your hands. Every time you leave your home, you increase your risk of contracting the virus and spreading it to someone else. I’m a tennis player, I usually play at least 5 times a week. I miss playing and I miss my fellow tennis friends but we are all making the sacrifice to shelter in place in order to keep Covid-19 from spreading. Don’t underestimate how quickly it can spread. STAY HOME! My wife and I are both retired health care professionals have access to accurate information. Yes, many of us will be infected and survive, maybe even only experience mild symptoms. We are fortune enough to be in good health. People with pre-existing conditions may not be as fortunate. Those of you with asthma, hypertension, diabetes, just to name a few, more common ones, will have a harder time fighting off the virus.
We look forward to being a Villager soon and making TV our home and meeting all of you some day. Stay healthy & Stay home..
Old 04-03-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
I'm also not a big proponent of "thinning the herd"
To a degree, I am.
Old 04-03-2020, 12:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nututv View Post
To a degree, I am.
On the assumption it is not your heard identified to be thinned!!
Closed Thread

Tags
florida, stay, cases, safe, warnings

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.