A Fond Farewell (memorial) To Church On The Square

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2015, 11:51 AM
Sage
Default A Fond Farewell (memorial) To Church On The Square

I remember it well. The Church On The Square was truly the greatest gift ever and mostly free. There's nothing like a free gift.

For one thing, it was an actual church that you could attend on Sunday, which I did on a few occasions, and it added to the authenticity of the Spanish theme. I once visited a small town in Mexico that had a town square and a church on the square. That was the focal point of the community.

Over a period of about 15 years I saw perhaps 100s of memorable shows at the church. Some were really great and free! Here are just a few which I thought were outstanding shows that I'll never forget:

1. A little girl, about 13 years old, played classical piano like a seasoned (adult) professional. It was a performance worthy of Carnegie Hall.

2. "A Tuba Christmas" featured a band of all tuba players. There were tubas of all sizes and shapes. I believe there must have been about 12 Village musicians for that performance.

3. At Christmas count-down there was a large group of flautists who performed some amazingly difficult musical numbers. It was beautiful and very professional.

4. There were some very talented singing groups too including the Andrew Sisters.

Are there any shows that stand out in your memory?

Last edited by Villages PL; 04-04-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.