Friends who didn't like The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Sage

I love Mt Dora and could probably be happy living there if I could find something affordable on the lake and spend my days in a pontoon with DH and my fur friends!
Old 04-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Sage

I really don't see this "congestion" thing. If we see a line at Publix or at a restaurant, we wait awhile and do that later. It's not life-altering to change the routine a bit.

The busyness ends in April and doesn't kick in again till January. Spring-Summer-Fall are fantastic here.....far fewer bugs/mosquitos than up north in the midwest (have never seen black flies nor horseflies here in TV); more breezes, very quick heavy rainfalls in the afternoons, and sometimes cooler temps in July and August than up north.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
I really don't see this "congestion" thing. If we see a line at Publix or at a restaurant, we wait awhile and do that later. It's not life-altering to change the routine a bit.

The busyness ends in April and doesn't kick in again till January. Spring-Summer-Fall are fantastic here.....far fewer bugs/mosquitos than up north in the midwest (have never seen black flies nor horseflies here in TV); more breezes, very quick heavy rainfalls in the afternoons, and sometimes cooler temps in July and August than up north.
I agree with you. We have found work-arounds to most line problems. We have found places to grocery shop and eat outside of TV, but close by, that aren't very crowded. Three years living in north Jersey taught us what a line really is. Nothing against North Jersey--it's just very crowded.

The only line we stand in in the winter months is the pickleball line. And that keeps moving.

I do miss seeing the water, but the water is not affordable for us, and there's not as much to do. We really enjoy it here.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.