Fruitland Park Residents Denied Golf Cart Access

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
This sounds like a border control problem......Let them in and give them all our benefits without them paying anything. We pay and they enjoy everything that we do.
Shrimps does have a valid point. There would nothing wrong with charging a toll for nonresidents to use our multimodal trails. It could be set up in the same manner as Sun Pass and/or toll takers. Charge a toll of maybe $5 to access the trails for a day.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
I was also curious about the developer's rationale for excluding outsiders golf-cart access to TV but if you consider that a "golf cart community" is a primary amenity selling point for the TV lifestyle, why would the developer want to give it away? When they survey residents about the desirability of TV, golf cart access to shopping and restaurants is always mentioned right up there with free golf for life! So I see this restriction as nothing personal, "It's strictly business" as Michael Corleone said so well in that movie. You know the one I mean.

George
Very well stated George.I believe the right to drive our carts everywhere is a privilege we pay for with the cost of our homes.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Gold member

Outsiders are more likely to leave their trash here when they go back home.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

. . . and we watched as our hard earned money went to support surfers in California.

now that's a really low blow!

http://travel.yahoo.com/ideas/19-thi...56.html?page=1

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-12-2013, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdlfan View Post
Age doesn't make you wiser, experience does. Age only makes you older! Sorry, just because you've lived longer, doesn't meen you experienced all that others may have. And.....I've met plenty around here that must have lived a VERY sheltered life!
One should be skeptical when others offer their experience as a sign of credibility, skill, or knowledge. I have met many folks who claim twenty years of experience when what they really have is one year of experience repeated twenty times.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
Outsiders are more likely to leave their trash here when they go back home.
Just look at the construction sites, workers leave their garbage everywhere for someone else to clean up.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.