Furniture Ballpark

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2020, 01:31 PM
Sage

The proof for furniture is how it holds up, most LR furniture is hardly used, ours is doing great bought it in 2005 From Furniture Land South in NC--unbelievable furniture store, everything else is doing good too
Old 01-10-2020, 04:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

We brought the good Furniture from N.J. and filled in what we needed with furniture from City Furniture. We had a clear understanding with the Salesperson and The Store Manager that the furniture will be inspected before it comes into our home and if it passes then and only then do we complete the transaction. The first Dining Room Chair off the truck was the wrong color. Way to dark. Truck #1 went back to the store to get the correct chair and the rest of the Furniture checked out just fine. The delivery people were top notch. It is almost 4 years and the Dining Room and Bed Room we bought from them are still perfect.

Two things to be careful of with City. 1) They have two different deliveries available. To your door and left outside or delivery to the spot you want it in and assembled. JUST BEWARE. 2) They sent us a notice that if we didn't use the Credit Card within the next 90 days that they were going to cancel us. Wrong. I cancelled them. Their card is thru Synchrony Bank and the only reason I even took out the card was I got 10% off the order and I think a year at zero interest. Cancel us? Phooey!

The quality of the furniture was fine and some of what the others experienced was definitely true. They are Slick! Manage them before they manage you! I would buy there again if needed. It's not Thomasville Furniture but if you wanna keep your cost down then this is the place.

Babetts in Leesburg is very good all the way around but more expensive.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:23 PM
Veteran member

I have furnished 2 homes similar to what you are talking about. I think a budget of $12000 might be a smidge low, if you want all new I think you are probably closer to $14,000 depending on how many full bedrooms, and how much used furniture you incorporate. I would HIGHLY recommend Showcase Furniture in Mount Dora - Excellent prices on very good furniture, and they will deliver and set up everything on your schedule. They have much more than is on their website, but you can put everything together off their website if you want. They are WAY better than anything I have dealt with in The Villages, thats for sure. I liked them so much the first time, we used them for a second house 2 years later, and we bought the SAME master bedroom set..... All of it looks brand new after 6 years of renters.
Snow Flake until I retire
Closed Thread

Tags
furniture, ballpark, bedroom, living, idea

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.