Further building in new/old places?

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2013, 10:19 AM
Default Further building in new/old places?

There has been occassional speculation on TOTV as to whether the build-out will really finish things or is just a tactic to put more pressure on prospective buyers to decide quickly. I have two questions about this and would appreciate your thoughts.

Retroactive development

First, areas that are already surrounded by TV. Especially up north, there are many areas that seemed to have been bypassed. I'm not talking about wildlife areas, because I understand they have to leave a certain amount for those. But areas like the polo field, or other empty spots in the center of the northern area. Are these areas owned by the developer? Has anyone ever heard any talk of coming back and building up these areas at some future date. I've always assumed some of those huge houses in that area are owned by the family. If they have nowhere else to build it would seem economically wise to build there huge houses somewhere else, and turn that land into profit with new houses, or even build more mansions and sell them.

Southern new development

My other question is one that has been debated some. Is the current southern building plan really the end. There seems to be an awful lot of empty space on south and southeast. And I did see someone post the other day that houses were being build directly west of Lake Deaton, which does not show as TV property on that county map everyone mentions.

Also, it seems to me to be odd to build Brownwood on past the whole development. It would be much more logical to have further building planned south of it so eventually it would be surrounded like Lake Sumter. I did see someone suggest that the location was meant to bring in more non-TV residents to shop. That might be true.

Anyway, I'd love to know your thoughts, conspiracy theories and alien sightings regarding this.

Thanks,

Dave
Old 01-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,659 Times in 1,368 Posts

My guess is there is more to come near brownwood...but just a guess
Old 01-15-2013, 01:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,561 Times in 1,932 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

The Morse family and friends live in that blank area.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,464 Times in 2,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDave View Post
There has been occassional speculation on TOTV as to whether the build-out will really finish things or is just a tactic to put more pressure on prospective buyers to decide quickly. I have two questions about this and would appreciate your thoughts.

Retroactive development

First, areas that are already surrounded by TV. Especially up north, there are many areas that seemed to have been bypassed. I'm not talking about wildlife areas, because I understand they have to leave a certain amount for those. But areas like the polo field, or other empty spots in the center of the northern area. Are these areas owned by the developer? Has anyone ever heard any talk of coming back and building up these areas at some future date. I've always assumed some of those huge houses in that area are owned by the family. If they have nowhere else to build it would seem economically wise to build there huge houses somewhere else, and turn that land into profit with new houses, or even build more mansions and sell them.

Southern new development

My other question is one that has been debated some. Is the current southern building plan really the end. There seems to be an awful lot of empty space on south and southeast. And I did see someone post the other day that houses were being build directly west of Lake Deaton, which does not show as TV property on that county map everyone mentions.

Also, it seems to me to be odd to build Brownwood on past the whole development. It would be much more logical to have further building planned south of it so eventually it would be surrounded like Lake Sumter. I did see someone suggest that the location was meant to bring in more non-TV residents to shop. That might be true.

Anyway, I'd love to know your thoughts, conspiracy theories and alien sightings regarding this.

Thanks,

Dave
I don't see how this can be debated in any new fashion as it has been speculated, ad nauseam, many times in the past.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:43 PM

We can blame the developer all we want about pressures, timing, where they built, how they built, when and if they will stop and the impact on people that moved here.
My only thought is this: The Villages is one of the fastest growing areas if not the fastest in many stats in the nation in new/prior home sales and people. It also has very good employment levels, AND pays ALOT of taxes to the local governments AND the state. Much of this area was farm land prior to TV. Look at the shopping and commercial areas around you and being built. Look at how nice everything is kept up such as county roads, and expanding.
Here is the debatable issue: Do you think for ONE MINUTE that the state will want the developer to STOP building and move on? They will incur high unemployment benefit payouts, loss of additional revenue in property taxes, less buying since all the workers will leave without jobs, companies going under, etc. The land around here is probably going to be bought up by the state, (an eminent domain type of thing) as much probably has in the past, and giving at a good price to the developer to continue. I have to believe the government is somewhat smart knowing their return is far too high to let it all go.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Sage
When the bull dozers arrive to sub-divide the farm where the Morse's live, you'll know their bags are packed and they're moving on. That would be the last parcel that gets built on. Until then, nobody knows.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Sage

I agree with most of what you said, except the unemployment part. Most of the workers are labor sub-contractors (mis-classified by any stretch of the imagination) with NO unemployment or workers comp being paid on their behalf. When buildout happens, they just pack up and go wherever the work is.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:01 AM
Veteran member

The area east and west of Lake Deaton is on the Sumter County Master Map. House and golf courses and a Regional Rec Center at Morse and 468 are planned, House will go up east of Morse and 468.
Now the question is will there be houses and so on south of 44 around 468 where the new turnpike intersection will join in if that is completed.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:56 AM

The most current map I've found is this one from the TOTV list:

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...-South466A.pdf

I have a question about the areas marked District 7-10. It would seem these are areas owned by the developer, but not yet platted for construction? Do I understand that correctly?

District 8 and 9 seem to be filling in small areas, perhaps with commercial development. District 10 essentially finishes surrounding Lake Deaton, but I wonder what District 7 is. It appears to be east of any current area moving into new territory. Or is it just the label for all the completed construction on the west side of that road. Unlike the other three areas, there is no line around the District. And I do note on google maps there is a huge cross country power line running north an south through that area to the east.

Anyone understand this better than I do?
Old 01-16-2013, 07:59 AM
Sage

Dave, District 7 (the area noted in green on that map) is entirely north of 4666A and is already fully built out. It encompasses the villages of Bonita, Duval, Hadley, and Hemingway.

Bill
Old 01-16-2013, 08:06 AM
Veteran member

I think if I had a printing press that kept spitting out dollar bills I would do all I can to keep the press running
Old 01-16-2013, 08:09 AM

Thanks Bill, that's sort of what I guessed.

Cant, I agree. Run that press night and day.

Of course if there have been or are currently still buying land it would be wise to continue to do so through third parties and not announce their intent.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.