Gardening

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Default Gardening

As I recall on our tour of the Villages, there was a piece of land set aside where residents could put in a garden.
I am assuming you cannot put any in your back yard, even tomato plants (maybe if they are in a container). We are not big gardeners, but every year we like to plant some tomatoes, spring onions, etc. Does anyone know anything about this? Where is it located? Is there one for Spanish Springs and Lake Sumter?
Also, if you purchase a patio villa, can you put a small garden in that yard since it is private?
Old 09-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Re: Gardening

Sorry , only courtyard villas are private.....but you could do it there , who would know?????? Most people plant them in containers.... shhhhhh at least I do.......
Old 09-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Default Re: Gardening

There is a communal Villages garden out by the Villages Woodworkers shop. I don't think you can plant anything you want there - you plant what they have planned out. It looks very well organized. I'm not even sure if you get to keep the produce - they may give it all to charity. If you find out anything, I'd be interested to hear. I was told you can't plant vegetables on your house lot , unless they're in a container. I heard that one lady had a tomato plant up by her house, and she was told to get rid of it. One of the neighbors had turned her in. good luck!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.