Gas vs Electric cooking.

Old 04-30-2024, 04:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,188 Times in 1,938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
No longer true......induction gives you the same instant control of the heat and more good cooks are starting to recognize the advantage. Mostly, it's what you are comfortable with, grew up with and how adverse people are to progress and looking at new technology.....and that's ok....since we all need to live in our comfort zones.
When I cook, I like to look at the size of the flame. One can't do that with induction. I must admit, I am resistant to change and this induction technology is one I'm not on board with. I have my very favorite every day pots and a magnet does not adhere to their bottoms.
Old 04-30-2024, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobob View Post
Gas by far a much greater control of heat almost instant temperature changes, all good cooks prefer gas cooking appliances,
My daughter is going to the Culinary Institute of America next year and the Chief gave us a cooking demo and was using an induction cooktop, I guess their instructors are not good cooks.
Old 04-30-2024, 09:55 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
No longer true......induction gives you the same instant control of the heat and more good cooks are starting to recognize the advantage. Mostly, it's what you are comfortable with, grew up with and how adverse people are to progress and looking at new technology.....and that's ok....since we all need to live in our comfort zones.
Like I mentioned earlier, I have a lifetime of using gas, and the last 5 years I have a Bosch Induction. With gas, I can minutely adjust the flame and it is clearly visible how much or how little I have adjusted it. With induction, I get to choose setting 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, etc. I have no idea how much or how little it is adjusted between each setting.

Still prefer gas. Can't make tortillas on an induction absent a cast iron plancha and oil.
Old 04-30-2024, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,331 Times in 873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Like I mentioned earlier, I have a lifetime of using gas, and the last 5 years I have a Bosch Induction. With gas, I can minutely adjust the flame and it is clearly visible how much or how little I have adjusted it. With induction, I get to choose setting 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, etc. I have no idea how much or how little it is adjusted between each setting.

Still prefer gas. Can't make tortillas on an induction absent a cast iron plancha and oil.
Learning new stuff is always difficult.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-30-2024, 08:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,188 Times in 1,938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post

You feel as I do. I like to SEE the flame when I adjust it.

Tags
gas, years, electric, ovens, explosions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.