Gate Guards knocked down

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2021, 01:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

I stand corrected on exit gates, my comments relate to entry gates.
Old 02-25-2021, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I stand corrected on exit gates, my comments relate to entry gates.
I didn't know you could sneak thru on entry gates with the car in front of you....do you think that's why some or most or all of the gate damage occurs? It must be the case....who doesn't know there is a gate at every entrance?

Joe
Old 02-25-2021, 02:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,048 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastskiguy View Post
I didn't know you could sneak thru on entry gates with the car in front of you....do you think that's why some or most or all of the gate damage occurs? It must be the case....who doesn't know there is a gate at every entrance?

Joe
Driving past a gate a little while ago a golf cart did follow a car thru a gate and did must make it thru.
Old 02-25-2021, 02:51 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Lets put up swinging red lights like at rail road crossings. 3 billion lumen lights to brighten the area like a nuclear blast.
Gate guards dressed in neon green suits waving semaphore flags and 5 foot long flash light cones. There would still be gate arms being hit. Why? Because there are a lot of people in TV that have no business driving a motor vehicle. I watched a man at a bank teller machine park just past the machine. He got out of his vehicle and had to brace himself against his SUV so he wouldn't fall and then had to hold onto the teller machine he wouldn't fall. That guy shouldn't be allowed to drive a tricycle let alone a 4,000 lb car.
I don't know how long you have to live here before you can remember that there is a gate arm at the entrances to the different villages. If your memory is that faulty you don't need to be driving. If you CAN remember that there is a gate arm at the entrances but at a distance of a few feet can't see it, get your eyes tested or get off the road.
You could paint the gate arms in dayglow orange and it wouldn't make any difference, it would still get hit by someone who claims that they can't see the color because it isn't dayglow yellow. Color of the arm has no bearing on this problem, impaired or incompetent drivers are the problem.
Instead of hitting a gate arm one day someone might hit a bicycle rider. Oh wait, someone already has and drove off!
Old 02-25-2021, 09:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,938 Times in 2,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Explain how the Developer benefits?
Usually when contracting the contractor get 1/2
Old 02-25-2021, 09:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,938 Times in 2,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob62 View Post
You cannot see the one in Marshbend when the sun comes up in the morning. Nothing wrong with my eyes or driving. When the sun hits those colors in the morning they are invisible until you get abot 15 feet away from it.
But, you know the villages has gates right?
Old 02-25-2021, 10:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

I have been known to stop at an entry gate when the gate is laying on the ground. Just habit.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-26-2021, 08:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

I keep seeing this post and can’t figure out why so many guards are leaving the guard shacks and getting hit. Generally they just sit inside.
Old 02-27-2021, 07:12 AM

I agree about the arms being painted yellow. Anyone that knows anything about color theory knows that red (the arm) and green (the landscape) looks like brown. This is true, especially at dusk. The majority of us know the arms are there even if we are blinded by the sun or failing eyesight. Painting them yellow may alleviate some of the problem.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Closed Thread

Tags
yellow, gate, guards, stripes, red

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.