Gate To Walmart Again

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2020, 06:38 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Just take the gate down....it’s stupid to have in the first place. Sorry but I really don’t see the need what are you really trying to keep out. The Villages is open to all......I say take them down and just Let it Go!
Old 03-10-2020, 07:09 AM

The gate that is the subject of this thread is the small gate leading to Lowes, Walmart, Aldi's. I don't believe there is a camera. The Villages closed it once and due t a complete meltdown by residents re-opened t. What a lot of you are thinking is the car gates to the historic side. This is a golf cart gate only!
Old 03-10-2020, 07:39 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Gate Camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by msilagy View Post
The gate that is the subject of this thread is the small gate leading to Lowes, Walmart, Aldi's. I don't believe there is a camera. The Villages closed it once and due t a complete meltdown by residents re-opened t. What a lot of you are thinking is the car gates to the historic side. This is a golf cart gate only!
I’ve only been through this gate a few times and honestly never noticed a camera. Since we moved to LaBelle, we now use our car to travel into this area. You ask a good question. No reason a camera couldn’t be put there if there isn’t one. Gates for vehicles are down everyday in The Villages and I see cameras when a person is not available for information or to open the gate for non-residents. I would guess most of the costs are eventually recovered when a vehicle smashes through one of these gates.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I am a neighbor of the people who only have a Golf Cart as transportation. Getting to Shopping and Doctors out this gate is a gift to the Community. Not only the continued repair should be considered but they gave up a lot where one more house could be squeezed in. I'd say thats pretty nice of them.

If you owned any item that kept getting vandalized what would you do? When would you stop the financial bleeding? I would say that time has passed a long time ago. We Love taking a ride to Wawa for coffee at night in the Golf Cart. How long can they stay so nice before making a move in another direction? The signs that are still there are bent and mangled. It's worse than usual.

Shopping can be done over the Golf Cart Bridge and there are plenty of Doctors on the other side of the road that Golf Carts can get to. It really is a shame. What if they moved the gate out to Paradise, near the street. Would that change things and not give the idiots that do the damage the cover and privacy of darkness?

Last edited by Nucky; 03-11-2020 at 10:12 AM. Reason: see spelllling again
Old 03-10-2020, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
I’ve only been through this gate a few times and honestly never noticed a camera. Since we moved to LaBelle, we now use our car to travel into this area. You ask a good question. No reason a camera couldn’t be put there if there isn’t one. Gates for vehicles are down everyday in The Villages and I see cameras when a person is not available for information or to open the gate for non-residents. I would guess most of the costs are eventually recovered when a vehicle smashes through one of these gates.
justjim, when you are in position to swipe your card look straight up. The camera is there. I've been asked to loan my card to someone who was on the return into The Villages. I answered both time with a NOPE! I asked both people how did they get out to go to Lowes or wherever and they hesitated with their story! That makes them Guilty. If they said they lost their card I'd consider helping and then let someone else help them enter.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:21 AM

Closing won't help no one,, open it and keep it open, people enjoy going to Aldi and LOWES. and people enjoy going to Spanish Springs, stop being selfish
Old 03-10-2020, 11:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
We've had cameras at the car and cart gates for years. I wonder how many cart drivers have been identified just from a picture. I know cars have been id'd from their license plates because it's been in the online news. It seem a lot of this stuff happens at night. Probably drunk drivers.
Or non-Village drivers.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eg_cruz@comcast.net View Post
Just take the gate down....it’s stupid to have in the first place. Sorry but I really don’t see the need what are you really trying to keep out. The Villages is open to all......I say take them down and just Let it Go!
I AGREE! All this concern about non-Villagers driving their golf carts on our paths is unnecessary. If they want to come into TVs they can drive their cars which are much more of a problem for traffic and parking then their carts. It's a lot of to-do about nothing. And, the idea of building a 10 foot wall or photographing people with facial recognition so we can track them down is over the top.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:59 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Oh' I wasn't surprised to see it busted up again. I see they bent up a sign too. Whatever the material for the gate is it don't hold up very well. Chances are their cart would be barely scratched. Deliberate damage to private property doesn't mean anything to some.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:46 AM

The damage is so bad this time that it looks as if maybe an auto or truck backed into it. I don't think a golf cart could do that much damage.

Rollie
Closed Thread

Tags
gate, abuse, places, paying, cried

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.