Goldfinches in TV?

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Default Goldfinches in TV?

Are there goldfinches in TV during the winter months? Maps show that TV is within their range in the winter but I don't recall seeing finch feeders or the little guys themselves. But, I can't say that I looked either. We enjoy their antics year round in Indiana and hoped to see them when we get to TV.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Sage

In Fla, bird feeders attract rodents that attract reptiles.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 07-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Platinum member

TomW

I've never seen any here in Sunset Pointe, but they are around. My brother usually has several on his feeder, during the cooler months. He's outside TV, but only 11 miles away.

They may come to some of the more established neighborhoods, as they do like to hide in trees, etc.

SWR
Old 07-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Default Not authorized

I'm not quite sure, but I don't think the HOA or the SCDD has authorized the appearence of any goldfinches. In any case, you'd probably have to check with President Baraaaack Hussein O, the Senate, Governor of Florida, mayor of the Villages city council, Mr Morse, the archectural committee and your street captain for the okay to have a bird house.

Or do like we did. Just put it up and don't tell anyone.

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.