Golf cart tied with a car

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2020, 08:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat75 View Post
It is funny you should say that. : D.O.T. (Department of Transportation) did a Major Survey about carts with and with out seat belts. Their results of this test stated just what you said " Falling (Bale out) was better you leave the cart that to stay in it" Just maybe they should do another survey now. This is why DOT does not require seat belts in a regular golf cart. Maybe street certified should have them. Car are designed to keep people compartment safe if you stay inside it. Cart ahere found to be safer if you leave it. Just some Infor
If I get ejected there is gonna be some damage! Possibly a Sinkhole!

Last edited by Nucky; 01-09-2020 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat75 View Post
It is funny you should say that. : D.O.T. (Department of Transportation) did a Major Survey about carts with and with out seat belts. Their results of this test stated just what you said " Falling (Bale out) was better you leave the cart that to stay in it" Just maybe they should do another survey now. This is why DOT does not require seat belts in a regular golf cart. Maybe street certified should have them. Car are designed to keep people compartment safe if you stay inside it. Cart ahere found to be safer if you leave it. Just some Infor
Could you supply a reference or link please? I did a search and couldn't find this study. Though I did find a number of studies that say just the opposite, especially with children passengers.
Old 01-10-2020, 06:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windguy View Post
I have belts in my cart and use them regularly, but I’ve often wondered what would happen if my cart fell on its side. Wouldn’t my head still hit the ground? It seems to me that if we really want to be safe we should wear a helmet. There are no side-curtain air bags in golf carts.
It depends which way the cart fell.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,746 Posts

I don’t know about golf carts but no seatbelt is safer on motorcycles especially if you wear a helmet, because you can get thrown clear. They have tested airbags for motorcycles but not seat belts. With golf carts, however, it may be different. In the case of slow speed accidents (like the one I witnessed where the golf cart just turned on its side) the seatbelts seem to keep the occupants safe and sound.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
A golf cart ran a stop sign & ran into the side of a Toyota. If you drive a golf cart--get seat belts ASAP--you may have saved your life.
I agree. I wouldn't be without seat belts in my golf cart.
I feel sorry for the man driving the Toyoto.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthOfTheBorder View Post
Why did insurance not cover the helicopter flight?

Don
Not all policies cover a chopper, some do not cover all of bus service no matter if it’s life or death
Old 01-14-2020, 09:15 AM
Sage

Well it looks like we had another T-Bone tie, maybe all the good natured villagers who wave carts thru stop signs are conditioning cart drivers to believe sop signs are just a suggestion
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, cart, ran, life, asap--you

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.