Golf cart usage

Old 02-28-2024, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I thought I would buy a cart when I moved here, but I eventually decided to not buy one. Personally, I don't think they are safe when you need to share the road with large vehicles and trucks. Also, many people discover that they are inconvenient and slow for shopping, and decide to use their car instead.
I’m not sure about hours but our cart is coming up on 1 year old very shortly and we have almost 4,000 miles on it. We use it a lot for everything including golf and I drive it to Brownwood to work 3 days per week. Much much cheaper than driving any other vehicle and the slower speed really allows you to take in the beauty of where we live. Would not want to be without it!
Old 02-28-2024, 06:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatz View Post
Just curious how many hours per year people put on their golf carts in TV? We haven't bought one yet, but the question came up in our discussions. Obviously, there are factors that come into play such as is the cart used for golf, are you located near the squares and shopping, etc.
We use our cart for all errands in the villages, our car only for trips outside of the bubble in mosr any weather
Old 02-28-2024, 06:40 AM
Default Cart Usage

Quote:
Just curious how many hours per year people put on their golf carts in TV? We haven't bought one yet, but the question came up in our discussions. Obviously, there are factors that come into play such as is the cart used for golf, are you located near the squares and shopping, etc.
Been here a little over two years and average about 180 hours/year. Use is mainly golf.
Old 02-28-2024, 06:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,713 Times in 977 Posts

I'm here mid-September through mid-May. How much I use my cart depends a lot on the weather. With the relatively cool, damp weather we had from mid-December until now I have used the car more often than I typically would if the weather were warm.

In nice weather I'll run about 100 miles a season. Like many, when I first got here it was a novel and fun way to get around TV, but after 6 seasons it has lost some (but not all) of its luster. I still enjoy it on a nice day. If I didn't have one, I'm not sure I'd fork over 15 or 20 K to have one. I'd probably get a used one, as it does allow us to function well with only one car.
Old 02-28-2024, 07:13 AM

We love our carts and use them as much as possible - very relaxing! Like driving a convertible. We don’t golf, but use our carts for shopping, appointments and recreation. For safety, get seat belts and use them. Most serious injuries in an accident occur because of being thrown from the cart and striking your head.
Old 02-28-2024, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Approximately 200 hours per year on the gas cart and 150 hours per year on the electric cart.
Very close to our usage. We bought our gas cart new in June of 2021 and have 700 hours on the hour gauge. Our gas cart we bought used and have added about 7000 miles in the last 4 years. Use the electric cart more since we upgraded to lithium. We are not golfers! We love our carts!
Old 02-28-2024, 07:31 AM

I put 150 miles (9-10 hrs)/wk on my golf cart.
Old 02-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Platinum member

We have one car and one electric cart. We average 2400 miles a year. We had 30,000 miles on our first electric cart when we upgraded to another electric cart with doors. One thing I didn't anticipate when we moved to The Villages was enjoying the golf cart lifestyle.
Old 02-28-2024, 08:14 AM

Quote:
EZGO elite have 3900k in less than 2 years. Play a lot of golf. We are here most of the time unless we are visiting Grandchildren. Enjoy riding and listening to music and the fantastic scenery.

Last edited by sowilts; 02-28-2024 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-28-2024, 08:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernrider75 View Post
I’m not sure about hours but our cart is coming up on 1 year old very shortly and we have almost 4,000 miles on it. We use it a lot for everything including golf and I drive it to Brownwood to work 3 days per week. Much much cheaper than driving any other vehicle and the slower speed really allows you to take in the beauty of where we live. Would not want to be without it!
This post is the closest to our experience. We don’t work in Brownwood but do take our dog on his daily golf cart ride. We use the cart for 3,500 to 4,000 miles a year, saving miles off of our SUV. We golf a few times a week & use the cart for quick trips to the store, bank etc.

It is safer to traverse the cart trails than risk life & limb on the roundabouts here, especially this time of year. 14 years here & the cart is still fun.
Old 02-28-2024, 08:47 AM

We used ours daily. Convenient, great gas mileage and a pleasant way to get around.
Old 02-28-2024, 08:47 AM

I probably overspent when I got my Star EV Sirius 2+2, 210 Ah Li battery Lifestyle + RFS, but it's fun. It's a toy! When the weather is nice, it's fun to run around in. If my destination is <30 minutes, good weather, and I don't need to carry a bunch of stuff, I may take the cart, and if my destination is <15 minutes, I'll likely take the cart. My first week after taking delivery I ran just over 100 miles (20mph). If taking a cart means I have to go way out of my way (bridges/tunnels over roads carts not allowed on) compared to using a car, I'll drive the car!! Golf cart commuting is a Villages thing, we did fine before carts.
Old 02-28-2024, 08:58 AM

Quote:
In the three years we’ve owned our home we have never had our car with us. Groome Transportation to the home then golf cart to get around for the several weeks of our stay. It does get a little cool at times but Love it.
Old 02-28-2024, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hape2Bhr View Post
That's a long trip for you (to Edna's on the Rocks); how long does it take?
Edna’s on the Green refers to it being next to the pitch and putt course, not what’s on the ground (gravel) under the tables and chairs. 😆
Old 02-28-2024, 09:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

I can’t tell you the hrs. we had a 2012 Yamaha cart. I drove it problem free for almost 6 yrs. & had 25,600 miles on it. It was a gas cart & we traded it in, in 2018 for a Quiet Tech. Then unfortunately we moved to Texas & sold it in a 1/2 hr. on TOTV. Sorry I didn’t give you the information you wanted! Hope this helps somewhat!

Tags
golf, cart, shopping, discussions, factors

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.