Is there an Artisan's Guild?

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Sage
Default Is there an Artisan's Guild?

I've seen great works coming out of rec centers in the hands of the creator. Is there and artisan's guild for works by villagers?
Kitty
Old 07-24-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
I've seen great works coming out of rec centers in the hands of the creator. Is there and artisan's guild for works by villagers?
Kitty
I'd also like to know. I'll be down in sept. for a visit and will be looking to buy a home. (can't wait) I'm a decorative painter. Art is my passion!

PS. This is my first post.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:46 PM
Veteran member

No but there should be...I've seen magnificent work come from the villages woodworkers and the woodturners yet there is no venue to show and sell as there are for the more classical art forms...I'd love to see a gallery of different media showing and supporting the works by the villagers..Sounds like a business opportunity....
Old 07-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW

I know there is a fine arts league/club. They put on a show every year and it was last week. If you are interested I can get more info for you.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 07-25-2013, 03:03 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

A league with a shop would be great but it is a lot of work. The New Hampshire league has 7 shops/galleries with juried pieces all very organized, but they also have an artist patron program to help fund it.
There was a shop here in Washington on Mercer Island that was an artist co-op and it fell flat on it's face. Requires someone to organize and run it with real retail experience. It is hard to put enough markup in to cover the rental of a space and the cost of staff. The one here in Wa tried with having the artists take shifts as clerks in the store and it didn't work out.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,520 Times in 1,916 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

There are a number of interesting groups of artists here in The Villages.

Here is a link to the Visual Art League and the AHA (Artists helping Artists) appear to be a group inside of that group. The Villages Art League - Home

Also the Colored Pencil Painters Guild is an amazing group of artists who are studying and painting using a relatively new technique. They are a popular and fun group who have a large following and conduct judged shows.

New Group in Town | Colored Pencil Painters Guild

There are potters and art fusion groups and art glass too.

Amazing art here in this wonderful place.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.