Golf course view sites

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2021, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

As far as golf, the demand is still there. We got zipped on a teetime request for this Friday. A threesome for championship between 11:56 and 0115 on 8 courses submitted Saturday and we got nothing. We could jump on times for Hacienda Hills or Orange Blossom, but in the afternoon coming back, it's a long drive from the southside after playing 18. It's 45 minutes cart ride just to SS square, I have yet to play HH, I have played Tierra Del Sol a couple of times, and honestly, I much rather play the local area than drive that far for that course, Cane Garden and Bonifay are two of my favorites, if I could only get on them. Saturday & Sunday times aren't as bad, it seems everybody wants to play Friday.

Last edited by John_W; 02-23-2021 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-23-2021, 05:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale

There are 2 CYVs for sale on a golf course lot between 466 and 44, one is $289K in Belvedere and the other $364K in Mallory Square.

There are 2 between 466 and 42 and there is 1 below 44, that one is in McClure and has a 2 car garage and is $354K.
The one in Mallory is more a view of the toilet facilities than the golf course it has been on the market for a long time.
Belvedere is a good area fir shopping but a car ride rather than a golf cart ride to the squares.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,846 Times in 2,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Look no further than Hacienda Hills. The hit you in the head message is BUYER BEWARE. One would no be considered smart to even consider paying a premium to buy a lot/home on a Championship Course after the very dangerous president has been established. Today’s golf course view can very quickly become tomorrow’s view of a multi story rental apartment complex. Good luck with that : (

Who want to bet lopez and glenview on the chopping block within 10 years? Developers don’t care about north 466 sold to CDD long ago. As long as CDD puppets let them build what they want nothing off table? IMO even the holly ground Palmers!
Old 02-23-2021, 06:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
As far as golf, the demand is still there. We got zipped on a teetime request for this Friday. A threesome for championship between 11:56 and 0115 on 8 courses submitted Saturday and we got nothing. We could jump on times for Hacienda Hills or Orange Blossom, but in the afternoon coming back, it's a long drive from the southside after playing 18. It's 45 minutes cart ride just to SS square, I have yet to play HH, I have played Tierra Del Sol a couple of times, and honestly, I much rather play the local area than drive that far for that course, Cane Garden and Bonifay are two of my favorites, if I could only get on them. Saturday & Sunday times aren't as bad, it seems everybody wants to play Friday.

But, , will it be in 10 or 15 years. Yes, I know most of us will be gone by then!
Old 02-23-2021, 07:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Currently.
When we were young, many Boomers were too busy to golf.
So many Villagers have taken up golf at retirement.

IF the demand changes, it will be after we are gone.
(don't forget all the "i can't get a tee time" threads)
Yes, thanks. I guess the current crop of senior golfers in TV Land is safe from losing courses. I was thinking about the next generation of seniors who may like some different activities such as rock climbing. And from the example of pickleball having a court size of about 1/2 of a tennis court - perhaps there will be 1/2 sized golf courses in the future for seniors. Or smaller golf courses to have more holes and lower the tee time waits? Pickleball changed the face of activities in TV Land - so too some other sport or version of a current one could become popular here in the future. The future will SURELY change and mutate even for seniors.
Old 02-23-2021, 07:30 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,688 Times in 3,601 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser;1906836[SIZE=1
]Yes, thanks. I guess the current crop of senior golfers in TV Land is safe from losing courses. I was thinking about the next generation of seniors who may like some different activities such as rock climbing. And from the example of pickleball having a court size of about 1/2 of a tennis court - perhaps there will be 1/2 sized golf courses in the future for seniors. Or smaller golf courses to have more holes and lower the tee time waits? Pickleball changed the face of activities in TV Land - so too some other sport or version of a current one could become popular here in the future.[/SIZE] The future will SURELY change and mutate even for seniors.
Quit calling me Shirley.
Old 02-23-2021, 07:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Yes, thanks. I guess the current crop of senior golfers in TV Land is safe from losing courses. I was thinking about the next generation of seniors who may like some different activities such as rock climbing. And from the example of pickleball having a court size of about 1/2 of a tennis court - perhaps there will be 1/2 sized golf courses in the future for seniors. Or smaller golf courses to have more holes and lower the tee time waits? Pickleball changed the face of activities in TV Land - so too some other sport or version of a current one could become popular here in the future. The future will SURELY change and mutate even for seniors.
You can get three pickleball courts on one tennis 120 by 60 foot tennis court.
Old 02-23-2021, 07:51 PM
Sage

Quote:

wait few months and you knock couple widows out of the apartments on HH. after all golfers not responsible for collateral damage.
Old 02-23-2021, 11:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,934 Times in 2,703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
By the time the next generation of seniors actually become seniors most will no longer be rock climbing. Getting old has a nasty way of changing ones sporting activities. I used to be an excellent mogul skier and basketball player, but now I swim and golf because that’s what my cranky knees can tolerate. And they are already downsizing the golfing opportunities to glorified miniature golf courses that they call putt and play.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:43 PM
Veteran member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Seems low risk given 46 holes of new Championship golf is planned south of the Turnpike.
Can you please provide names of the Championship courses. I can only find one and that is called Sawgrass which is going to be 18 holes.

So how can they make 28 holes more and where. Went through everything that has been published.

Do you mean 28 holes of extra executive style? Please advise source
Old 02-24-2021, 09:44 PM
Default Golf Course view under $500K

If you haven't done so already, download The Villages App which among other things, has an inventory of existing homes for sale by the Villages Sales team. I just used the app and found 12 homes for sales with golf fronts for under $500K.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Look no further than Hacienda Hills. The hit you in the head message is BUYER BEWARE. One would no be considered smart to even consider paying a premium to buy a lot/home on a Championship Course after the very dangerous president has been established. Today’s golf course view can very quickly become tomorrow’s view of a multi story rental apartment complex. Good luck with that : (
Hacienda Hills has been discussed ad nauseum. What would you do if you owned the property and three restaurant businesses failed and you offered the building to the folks in charge for a reasonable amount and they didn't want it. That area has quite an older population and do not go out to eat as much as younger people. I don't think having apartments is a bad thing and I have said it many times. There are less than ten homes that abut it directly and property here everywhere just becomes more expensive.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
Can you please provide names of the Championship courses. I can only find one and that is called Sawgrass which is going to be 18 holes.
One of the publications put out by The Villages shows two 18-hole courses being planned just south of Monarch Grove but it did not give their names.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, wife, peoples, future, sits

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.