Grateful Dead

Old 03-29-2024, 04:45 PM
Default Grateful Dead

New to area and my wife and I love the Grateful Dead and other Jam Band type music. Are there any places within the communities or at the Squares to hear this type of music? Or anywhere that random people just show up with their insturments and join in singing, playing , and dancing?
Old 03-29-2024, 04:49 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbaronie View Post
New to area and my wife and I love the Grateful Dead and other Jam Band type music. Are there any places within the communities or at the Squares to hear this type of music? Or anywhere that random people just show up with their insturments and join in singing, playing , and dancing?
So close but unfortunately .....Cancelled

Box of Rain: Essential Grateful Dead - The Villages Entertainment
Old 03-29-2024, 06:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,735 Times in 3,197 Posts

Quote:
Not that I'm aware of but - I'm wondering if maybe the Marsh Bend seating area for Edna's would be an awesome jam location. Could have scheduled jam sessions where people can bring their instruments.

You could also do the same with a driveway party - find a Facebook group for your Village area and post a date/time. There are also picnic areas scattered throughout The Villages, you could announce on those FB groups that you'll be at [insert which one] and invite anyone who wants to join you to gather. It'd have to be acoustic and at a reasonable time of day.
Old 03-30-2024, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Not that I'm aware of but - I'm wondering if maybe the Marsh Bend seating area for Edna's would be an awesome jam location. Could have scheduled jam sessions where people can bring their instruments.

You could also do the same with a driveway party - find a Facebook group for your Village area and post a date/time. There are also picnic areas scattered throughout The Villages, you could announce on those FB groups that you'll be at [insert which one] and invite anyone who wants to join you to gather. It'd have to be acoustic and at a reasonable time of day.
Neither of us play. Well she plays a little harmonica. Just was wondering. Guess we will travel to St. Pete when we get the urge.
Old 03-30-2024, 08:47 AM

Quote:
The Village Deadheads is a club.

Tags
grateful, type, dead, music, random

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.