Groundwater swell problem

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2009, 08:55 AM
Default Groundwater swell problem

Knowing there are a LOT of very smart folks on this forum, I have a problem someone MAY know about..I live in VA FT and TV parttime..Here in VA we have an ingound( liner style ) pool that has been here over 15 years with no problems..Last year, we noticed that the liner would float up with a heavy rain. Also noticed that underneath our house ( crawl space) there was no standing water BUT a very distinct line going up our foundation blocks as if water was coming up through the gorund. I have googled and researched and found that sometimes the water tables rise and can cause all kinds of problems. I thought I would just take a chance and see if anyone has any first hand knowledge of this or maybe there is a soil engineer of some sort on this board..Anyway, just hoping for some advice/help as we plan to try and move to TV FT next year . We want to sell this house but would never sell it as is knowing there is a problem...Any info/advice/help/knowledge would be greatly appreciated!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.