Guarded crossing gates

Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2023, 08:55 PM

The guards at the entrance on Marsh Bend & 301 are great! They stand up, they watch, and they decide when to open the gate. I have no complaints at all.
Old 07-19-2023, 07:33 AM

What if all the gates were removed?
Take out all the stuff blocking the line of sight such as landscaping, trees, signs, walls, gate hardware, and the gate houses. Now everyone can see everyone.
Carts would quickly learn that darting in front of vehicles is stupid. So they will wait (as they are supposed to do).
With no gates, congestion would go away. There would be efficient traffic flow. Groups of vehicles would pass by a lot quicker, allowing golf carts a lot more opportunity to cross.
Old 07-19-2023, 01:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,770 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker View Post
Take out all the stuff blocking the line of sight such as landscaping, trees, signs, walls, gate hardware, and the gate houses. Now everyone can see everyone.
Carts would quickly learn that darting in front of vehicles is stupid. So they will wait (as they are supposed to do).
With no gates, congestion would go away. There would be efficient traffic flow. Groups of vehicles would pass by a lot quicker, allowing golf carts a lot more opportunity to cross.
Uh, no.
Old 07-19-2023, 04:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,868 Times in 1,306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker View Post
Thankfully, this waste of resources on gate houses isn't being replicated as frequently in the new Villages.
Old 07-20-2023, 07:25 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,105 Times in 381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Only once have I had a visitor almost run into me as we were both leaving the gates at the same time. Since then I check to see where the other car is before I proceed. No problem since.
There are very few gates controlled by Gatekeepers. Just because a gate is labeled "Visitor" or "Resident" does not mean that is who is using that gate. I agree that you cannot rely on users applying common sense. That is why you must use your common sense, vigilance and courtesy.
Closed Thread

Tags
gate, crossing, careful, vehicle, order

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.