Guest Passes Are NOT Being Checked

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2023, 12:47 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

We had landscapers taking care of our lawn when we lived north as did just about everyone in our neighborhood and when they needed a facility they drove to a gas station that was at least 6 miles away or had porta pots in their enclosed trailers. I have no desire to go to a neighborhood pool and many residents feel the same way and therefore have their own pools.
Old 11-29-2023, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyephan View Post
Had family visiting last week and got passes for all four of them. Husband, son and grandson played ping pong at Seabreeze. No passes were checked. Son took both grandkids to Bradenton pool for nearly two hours and never got checked. Not sure who is trying to convince us that we don’t need to be concerned that nonresidents are using our facilities.
It was better to have it than not to have it.
Old 11-29-2023, 02:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrjck View Post
I get checked frequently. Maybe I am the only one.
The last 2 months they have checked at the pool frequently. Which tells me that Villagers have been complaining and maybe they have something to complain about.
Old 11-29-2023, 02:38 PM

Maybe the person that does the checking recognized YOU and assumed the guest you brought were sponsored by you.
Old 11-29-2023, 04:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwanderson View Post
We often have to show our id cards at the pool. If you are in the water they won’t make you get out to show your card. We have never been asked to show id at anything outside.
They ask for ID cards for my tennis group at Paradise courts.
Old 11-29-2023, 04:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
We had landscapers taking care of our lawn when we lived north as did just about everyone in our neighborhood and when they needed a facility they drove to a gas station that was at least 6 miles away or had porta pots in their enclosed trailers. I have no desire to go to a neighborhood pool and many residents feel the same way and therefore have their own pools.
I have ZERO desire to have MY own pool. I am very satisfied with the neighborhood pools.
Old 11-29-2023, 05:13 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,640 Times in 444 Posts

In my 11 1/2 months here—-

1) I frequently get asked for ID at my neighborhood pool.
2) I play pickleball 1-2 times every week - have never been asked for ID
3) I play shuffleboard week once a week, have been asked once for ID
4) Walking into a rec center is hit and miss, more times than not I am NOT asked for ID.
5) Attending a club or event I signed up for in a rec center, I’m ALWAYS asked for ID.
6) When purchasing tickets at the Villages Box Office, I’m ALWAYS asked for my ID.

Being asked to show my ID is never a bother, and reminds me how fortunate I am to live in such a wonderful and beautiful community.
Old 11-30-2023, 07:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
We get our IDs checked pretty much every day where I play pickleball. Even if the staff knows us very well, they still want to see it. I guess different rec centres have various policies.
For pickleball and tennis I can see routine checking. Pools are big enough so that three or four extra folks won't make any difference. Those same three or four people taking up one or more tennis or pickleball courts is a whole lot different.

A local center where we often play tennis had been experiencing outsiders using courts when Villagers wanted to use them. They implemented a policy of calling ahead to reserve your court(s). If outsiders were occupying the courts that were reserved ahead of time they'd be required to leave by rec. center personnel. Apparently it is working.
Closed Thread

Tags
checked, passes, son, guest, hours

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.