Has anyone else experienced Village fatigue?

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2015, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Sometimes it's good to on vacation. Not just to visit family and friends (fun, not necessarily relaxing) but a separate trip as a pure getaway. It's amazing that living in "vacationland " would require a need to escape but crazy enough, it's a blast.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:16 AM
Veteran member

The problem here, if you want to call it a problem, is that retirement living is a fulltime job with no days off

A standing joke with my friends is that when my wife and I take an occasional cruise (5 last year) I take the time to work on my book "Do Retirees Go On Vacation"

I agree with the previous posters, The villages awards us all with numerous activities and we can be as busy as we want to be. We have friends that have to fill up their calendar with so many activities. Not complaining or criticizing if that is what you do, but that is not for us. We enjoy a less active lifestyle and so happy that we have found this place where we can enjoy our retirement.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:19 PM

Too much of a good thing is still a good thing!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.