Hello All...

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Default Hello All...

I am new to this board but not to the Villages..We have a home in Lynnhaven, for the last 2 years..We are I guess snow birds..LOL

I am very interested in the restaurant business, right now I am in Pa..I have a friend that is looking into property there to open a restaurant..not quite sure what it will be yet..I would love to know what every one thinks we need there..

I already know you would all love a restaurant that takes reservations..
I understand the frustration waiting for an hour in line, we have also done that when we are there..
You guys live there all year long and can give us some good ideas..All ideas are welcome..

Where would you like to see a new restaurant, Spanish Springs, Sumter Landing???

Nice to meet all of you,
Donna :bigthumbsup:

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 04-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Hello All...

Donna:

The north side of The Villages along Hwy. 42 would be a good place. My wife and I own Bruster's Ice Cream in the Mulberry Grove shopping center. Many of our custmers have voiced the need for a nice restaurant in that area. A nice top-shelf up-scale dining estabishment might work, but I think an going one or two notches down from there may be a better way to go. A good lunch menu would contribute greatly to success as well as a liquor license for wine and beer as most Villagers like to tipple a little before and with dinner fair (myself included). If your plan is to build a free-standing unit on Villages property (for golf cart access), allow for a substantial increase in construction costs to comply with the strict architectural and landscape requirements that that The Villages imposes on all new builds. An inline or end-cap omni building location would eliminate construction costs but this may detract from the "up-scaleness" of your business and limit location selection. If you are really serious about starting a business, feel free to email me. We know other restauranteurs who will be happy to share their experiences with you as will we. Also, we know the working contacts (The Villages, real estate developers, civil engineering, architect, financiers, permits etc.) that you will need to get the ball rolling. Be prepared to spend A LOT of time and energy on the pre-development aspect of due diligence pursuant to business plan development. That said, good luck.

John
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 04-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Hi John,
Will keep in touch..I appreciate the info and it's nice to know you are there..We are in the very basic stages of this idea..We have a home there and think a nice restaurant would be a great idea..I do know most people hate the long wait for the restaurants..The right prices are another issue, most of the residents are on fixed incomes..
Where in The villages do you live? We have a home in Lynnhaven..

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 04-16-2007, 07:02 AM
Veteran member

We live in Chatham.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.