High Tide band was Fantastic !

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2023, 08:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,275 Times in 2,833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drylatte View Post
This was the first time I've heard of this band so we went over to Brownwood to see if they lived up to the newspaper ad of "high energy rock", While I was raised on VH, Dio, Ratt, Dokken and what I consider great rock, this band was solid. Female vocalist, keyboards, bass, drums and an unbelievable guitarist/singer, Mike Hayes. I would rank this guy in the top 5 I"ve ever seen on a local stage. I nearly cried when they covered Black Magic Woman by Santana. This guy has a sound that needs to be heard and plays the guitar better than anybody who comes to TV. Wide variety of cover tunes with good stage presence and tight grooves. Will see again just for the guitarist if anything. Set list will appeal to most.
They are playing Saturday evening at Spanish Springs, definitely going to make time to see a couple hours of the show.
Old 05-02-2023, 07:35 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Based on a quick listen to their youtube songs, I wouldn't care for them.

By the way if you really want to hear rock, it's not this kind of stuff. Rock and Roll is Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, Little Richard etc.
With rock currently in a coma if not already dead, let's not separate into decades and argue which was best. I listen from Elvis to My Chemical Romance and enjoy them all. Got my first guitar at 12 and a Les Paul at 15 (he was a neighbor. Signed it for me with his Howdy greeting). In college, making some extra money playing I bought a Fender. Love all rock. Hoping it comes back. Notice any rock station today plays nothing newer than the early 2000's. Is there anything newer?
Old 05-02-2023, 07:37 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I guessed I was wrong after a few posts.
Bit like advertising a group called The Teenagers, and leaving out Frankie Lymon!
Went to see Skynyrd and Little Feat the past year. Didn't recognize any originals.
Old 05-06-2023, 08:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,275 Times in 2,833 Posts

Move over Hooligans, make room for the new best band playing at the squares. High tide rocked Spanish Springs tonight with a great variety of excellent music far better than the usual same old same old stuff.
Old 05-08-2023, 07:41 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,224 Times in 577 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Move over Hooligans, make room for the new best band playing at the squares. High tide rocked Spanish Springs tonight with a great variety of excellent music far better than the usual same old same old stuff.
High Tide is good but not that good. The Hooligans got the gig at Epcot for a reason. They are very polished and refined.
Closed Thread

Tags
high, band, tide, friday, brownwood

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.