Holding a drink at the square

Old 05-25-2024, 09:40 AM
Default Holding a drink at the square

I noticed the farther south I go, the more people in the dance area standing up, not dancing, but holding a drink. Maybe sipping, but mostly holding. I wonder if they notice the farther north they go, people are dancing. If they're drinking, they're sitting or standing elsewhere, not on the dance area. But actively drinking.

I don't mean it in a negative or positive way, just an observation.
Old 05-25-2024, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,562 Times in 2,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopat View Post
I noticed the farther south I go, the more people in the dance area standing up, not dancing, but holding a drink. Maybe sipping, but mostly holding. I wonder if they notice the farther north they go, people are dancing. If they're drinking, they're sitting or standing elsewhere, not on the dance area. But actively drinking.

What have you noticed about the size of the crowd and the amount of available seating?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-25-2024, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
What have you noticed about the size of the crowd and the amount of available seating?
The more sizable the crowd the less available seating. Both north and south seem to be the same.
And that’s the way it is.
Old 05-25-2024, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,546 Times in 2,589 Posts

Shows how clever people in south are.
Northern villagers can either stand (in some cases) or hold a drink, (probably need both hands as well) very rarely can they manage both!

Cheers
Old 05-25-2024, 12:09 PM

Quote:

I don't go down south, but as someone who loves to dance, I notice it more when the snowbirds are here. Locals don't tend to do that. At least not up this end. There are more newbies down south. Don't know why you would want to just stand on the dance floor.
Old 05-25-2024, 12:12 PM

I also wonder whose bright idea it was to put bleachers in an area of senior citizens such as they have at Brownwood.
Old 05-25-2024, 12:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,562 Times in 2,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraines View Post
I also wonder whose bright idea it was to put bleachers in an area of senior citizens such as they have at Brownwood.
Covered seating for 200, infrastructure for the sound system, efficient use of space for the beer huts and coolers - seems like a good idea to me.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-25-2024, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,653 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote:

So you really only have 3 squares, SS, LSL, and Brownwood. Edna’s and Sawgrass are venues.

So SS dances, then actively drinks
LSL sort of dances, and Brownwood which I am guessing to the furthest south you speak of is no dancing but holds a glass well, but may or may not drink.

This sounds like one should apply for a grant, or possibly a unique thesis study
Old 05-25-2024, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Covered seating for 200, infrastructure for the sound system, efficient use of space for the beer huts and coolers - seems like a good idea to me.
While stairs/bleachers may not be optimal for geezers, the lack of seating at LSL and SS makes the concept brilliant. The folks with better knees can climb the stairs, leaving more room below for the ones that can't. Win-win.

IMO the worst design is Sawgrass: The tables leave very little room for chairs (not provided; bring your own). The parking there is also a challenge.
Old 05-25-2024, 03:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,440 Times in 5,518 Posts

Quote:
I think it was a great idea. Who wants to sit in the sun. More room for the people who come
Old 05-25-2024, 04:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,771 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
Oops. Wish you hadn't said that??
Old 05-25-2024, 04:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Oops. Wish you hadn't said that??
My nominee for foolish post of the year
Old 05-25-2024, 04:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
If that bewilders or entertains you, maybe you should head to Eastport when complete. The rock climbing wall seems to be an interesting addition for senior citizens.

Last edited by Randall55; 05-25-2024 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-25-2024, 05:33 PM

Quote:

Do they seem to be happy? Case closed, LOL
Old 05-25-2024, 06:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
If that bewilders or entertains you, maybe you should head to Eastport when complete. The rock climbing wall seems to be an interesting addition for senior citizens.
Wonder how much use it will get? You are strapped on and should not get hurt but looking down not sure my heart will appreciate me being so high up.

Tags
holding, dance, dancing, standing, drinking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.