Homeowners ins.

Closed Thread
Old 06-08-2022, 07:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southw2 View Post
[QUTOTE=ureout;2066343]WOW.... I've had Amer. Integrity for my HO's Ins. for several years.. in 2020 the yearly premium was $675 .. in 2021 it went up to $1050 just received my 2022 premium now up to $1750 .. I have a 20 yr old Amarillo with a 4yr old roof .. time to shop around again

Try Farmers insurance they are local in Leesburg, i combined my auto and home insurance and it saved me over $500 bucks.
doesnt cost anything to get a quote .[/QUOTE]

My Villages Insurance Agent and another Agent from State Farm told me that the last thing you want to do is connect your Auto Insurance to your Homeowners. If you hurt someone and go through your car policy coverage then the next thing they are coming after is your house. I don't know for a fact that it's true but it sounded reasonable to me so I didn't go that route to save peanuts. Too many other ways and options to save money without taking the chance.

P.S. Kin Insurance didn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling that I was really covered well. No proof of anything wrong just my feeling is all.
Old 06-08-2022, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,115 Posts

In a law suit they are coming after what ever they can get , it shouldn’t matter to them how they get it . I have never been told that by any agent , in fact most including villages agents have always recommended putting them together,what they told you doesn’t make any sense to me. I’m with State Farm the last couple of years my home insurance went up about $80 and my 2022 car about. $60 this year
Old 06-08-2022, 10:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Try Farmers insurance they are local in Leesburg, i combined my auto and home insurance and it saved me over $500 bucks.
doesnt cost anything to get a quote .
My Villages Insurance Agent and another Agent from State Farm told me that the last thing you want to do is connect your Auto Insurance to your Homeowners. If you hurt someone and go through your car policy coverage then the next thing they are coming after is your house. I don't know for a fact that it's true but it sounded reasonable to me so I didn't go that route to save peanuts. Too many other ways and options to save money without taking the chance.

P.S. Kin Insurance didn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling that I was really covered well. No proof of anything wrong just my feeling is all.[/QUOTE]

I got the opposite advice. I get a discount having car and home with same co. But the broker did recommend to keep the golf cart with a different co. so a claim related to it would not reflect back on the home and auto insurance.
Old 06-08-2022, 10:23 AM

Betcha the agent makes much more commission if you get two separate companies for h/o vs auto.
Old 06-08-2022, 02:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabella View Post
I believe Kin has only been in business 2 years and has no track record regarding financial stability, etc.
https://www.bbb.org/us/il/chicago/pr...428/complaints
Old 06-08-2022, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post

My Villages Insurance Agent and another Agent from State Farm told me that the last thing you want to do is connect your Auto Insurance to your Homeowners. If you hurt someone and go through your car policy coverage then the next thing they are coming after is your house. I don't know for a fact that it's true but it sounded reasonable to me so I didn't go that route to save peanuts.
I think you misunderstood and is the exact opposite of what you should do. Insurance doesn't work like that...at all. The only thing remotely close is having an overall umbrella policy for home and auto. In fact, State Farm promotes bundling of home and auto and gives substantial discounts when you do. If the SF agent really said that they would be removed as an agent....
Old 06-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Same company, two separate policies is very good. Same company with one policy covering home and the car is not good. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 06-14-2022, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Call Kin., had progressive thru Villages for 16 years, 21 yr. Ceramic tile roof (50 to 80 year roof), they wanted us to replace, went with Kin. no need for replacement, better coverage AND saved $200. 855-436-0868
Check out years in business and financial stability.
Old 06-14-2022, 06:55 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,107 Times in 303 Posts

American Integrity hiked my rate 20% and then tacked on a rider that COMPLETELY EXCLUDES my roof unless the damage is from a named storm!

Can't find another policy because nobody in FL will write a policy on a roof over 10 yrs old. What's the point in buying a new roof you don't need, just so an insurance company will buy you another one when a storm blows it away? If you can afford a new roof, why not just buy it AFTER the storm blows it away? Maybe you won't need to! I guess they're trying to tell me I should have scammed them out of roof when I had the chance! You'd think they'd REDUCE the rate for excusing themselves from the roof risk, not raise it! What a racket!

In the sane states I have lived in, like TX and OK, roofs are DEPRECIATED. That way, there's no incentive to scam the insurance company, so the insurance is affordable. Why would you want to insure a new roof you don't own, anyway? And why would you want to throw away 3/4 of the life of your roof and buy a new one, just to please an insurance company?

So dumb... just dumb.
Old 06-14-2022, 07:09 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Check Heritage insurance

Homeowners Insurance quotes with affordable rates
Old 06-14-2022, 07:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,627 Times in 954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
My Villages Insurance Agent and another Agent from State Farm told me that the last thing you want to do is connect your Auto Insurance to your Homeowners. If you hurt someone and go through your car policy coverage then the next thing they are coming after is your house.
Find another agent - they told you that because two separate policies are more expensive and pay the agent a higher commission.

You can’t get paid from a home owner’s policy for a car incident. If the settlement is large enough, they could go after your home, but home owner’s wouldn’t help you.
You would want an umbrella policy to protect that liability.
Old 06-14-2022, 07:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,627 Times in 954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
American Integrity hiked my rate 20% and then tacked on a rider that COMPLETELY EXCLUDES my roof unless the damage is from a named storm!
That’s to protect them from the roofing scams.
Old 06-14-2022, 07:59 PM

"COMPLETELY EXCLUDES my roof unless the damage is from a named storm!"

That means your roof is only covered with the hurricane deductible in play !!
Old 06-15-2022, 04:57 AM

Does anyone know how USAA coverage compares to other providers in this area?
Old 06-15-2022, 07:37 AM
Default Kin Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabella View Post
I believe Kin has only been in business 2 years and has no track record regarding financial stability, etc.
Kin has been in business for over 6 years, has an A+ Better Business rating and 849 reviews of 4.76/5. They were almost half the price compared to State Farm for the same coverage. We've only had them for less than a year so we'll see what happens at renewal.
Closed Thread

Tags
ins, premium, amarillo, roof, received

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.