I have learned to stay away from politics

Closed Thread
Old 02-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
One thing I have noticed - as Coach points out, is that sometimes the discussions only generate heat...not light...

I enjoy reading Red's posts - though I frequently disagree - but she backs up her comments with facts and reason. And by facts, I don't mean Chris, Keith, Glenn or Sean.

Like Coach I stay away from the political forum for a reason... many of the posters there suffer from terminal logorrhea - and think that agreement by other posters indicates that they are "right" (i.e. correct), when in fact they are preaching to a mainly like-minded choir who believe everything they hear and even every e-mail they receive.
Quite judgmental for "non-political" poster. Very nice the way you've insulted every one you don't agree with; and you talk about the "political posters"?
Very ironic.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:29 PM
Founder

This thread is getting real close to the edge?
Old 02-26-2011, 12:31 PM

We took a trip out west in 2006 and parts of it were on the old Butterfield Trail that the stage coaches used to take between Missouri and San Francisco. The 2,800-mile run was made in 25 days - guaranteed. I know this because alongside the modern highway there are rest stops giving details of the old trail and at one of them they had a facsimile of the stage coach ticket - on the back of the ticket in large letters was printed "Please do not discuss politics or religion".
Old 02-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
One thing I have noticed - as Coach points out, is that sometimes the discussions only generate heat...not light...

I enjoy reading Red's posts - though I frequently disagree - but she backs up her comments with facts and reason. And by facts, I don't mean Chris, Keith, Glenn or Sean.

Like Coach I stay away from the political forum for a reason... many of the posters there suffer from terminal logorrhea - and think that agreement by other posters indicates that they are "right" (i.e. correct), when in fact they are preaching to a mainly like-minded choir who believe everything they hear and even every e-mail they receive.
What a stunningly accurate description.

Xavier
Old 02-27-2011, 10:41 AM
Sage

No matter what views are expressed and disagreed with, "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still".

I have my views that will only change when I decide they should be changed.

I have never been on the political forum and have no desire to. I want to live in harmony and look for the good in people.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
No matter what views are expressed and disagreed with, "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still".

I have my views that will only change when I decide they should be changed.

I have never been on the political forum and have no desire to. I want to live in harmony and look for the good in people.
YOU are who I strive to be like.

Every morning.

And I think you are so right.

And I hope you will be my friend.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
YOU are who I strive to be like.

Every morning.

And I think you are so right.

And I hope you will be my friend.
Gracie:

I am your friend and always will be your friend.

Isn't life difficult enough without adding an unhappy experience to another person?

Just sayin..........
Old 02-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default I continue to have to smile and sometimes break out laughing

when in the so called non political forums...those who maintain they are above it all (political forum) because of the lack of "harmony" and "good people" is down right ......well laughable

btk
Old 02-27-2011, 11:38 PM
Veteran member

Taking cheap shots at the folks who enjoy the political forum from the relative safety of the general discussion forum is like taking shots at the enemy from the safety of a holy shrine where you know you will be reasonably safe from return fire. Oops....did someone just return fire.

It might be time to banish this thread to the political forum where everyone can play on a level playing field.

The important thing is to have fun wherever you choose to engage. My mother was a Boston Kennedy Democrat who worked on his campaign. My father was a Goldwater Conservative. Table talk was always interesting, spirited and thought provoking. but no one ever went to bed mad. At breakfast, every Election Day, I remember them agreeing not to vote because they would only cancel each other's ballot out. I suspect they always voted anyway. They were good people. I loved them both.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:48 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

This whole "holier than thou" post has been amusing, though. To read all these posts decrying the lack of civility on the political thread and all the while insulting everyone who does post there has been a very enjoyable read and an excellent example of hypocrisy. I hope it doesn't end.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Quite judgmental for "non-political" poster. Very nice the way you've insulted every one you don't agree with; and you talk about the "political posters"?
Very ironic.
Mr. Richie

Your post appears to be very defensive, maybe your feeling guilty about your past posts.

Just an observation, I could be wrong.

J:
Old 02-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Bille, Cabo, and Richie; No rebuttal, I will just let your comments stand as the perfect examples of why I ignore the politics forum.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.