I’m Over It!

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2020, 07:22 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
Many villagers do have an entitlement issue. Basically why most of the surrounding area despises us. In the current situation many feel the general rules do not apply to them. Stay home is only if they feel like it. They’re sneaking out like children at camp to go make out while counselors are sleeping.
I don't think it's many. I agree some Villagers have an entitlement issue, but I think most Villagers do the right thing and are considerate of others.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:47 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
I don't think it's many. I agree some Villagers have an entitlement issue, but I think most Villagers do the right thing and are considerate of others.
It is enough to cause more illnesses and probably deaths had they not been "entitled" to ignore social distancing. It only takes a few noncompliant selfish idiots to drag this all out.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 04-06-2020, 04:51 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
It is enough to cause more illnesses and probably deaths had they not been "entitled" to ignore social distancing. It only takes a few noncompliant selfish idiots to drag this all out.
If it’s only a few maybe you could go out and do some citizen arrests, rather than just continuing to complain here!
Old 04-06-2020, 04:56 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
I totally agree!
Old 04-06-2020, 05:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
I totally agree!
A .999 batting average isn't the winner -if you are a Gladiator, or if someone carelessly acts in spreading the Virus.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:34 AM
Default Perfectly stated!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think the OP is hurt and angered as many are at the unfair taunts on social media about all villagers by some of those who live close by. It is hard not to be hurt and angered. In fact most of us are at least annoyed.

We have to try to remember that the ones taunting are few and the ones deserving criticism are few.

And the ones taunting are envious and think of us as privileged. Worse yet some think we don't deserve to live here and that our ability to live in The Villages just "fell on us". We know better. One of the reasons I love this place is because most of us got here by living and working for many decades and saving our money and many sacrificed many instant gratifications and luxuries in our lifetime to be able to retire to Florida and live here where there is an added amenity fee. We sidestepped many pitfalls because we were careful and frugal. No matter how little we made, we didn't live paycheck to paycheck, didn't waste money, didn't get the latest phone, expensive tattoos, or ate out every night. Some of us, after reusing our clothes, mending what was broken and being fiscally conservative, day after day, year after year became people with more money than they started out with. Most of us didn't steal, trick, scam or cheat to have a little or quite a bit extra in our old age.

We all know we are entitled to nothing and if we lost most of it, we know how to live without much. We did it before. We also know that the real value in life rests in those who we love and who love us.
What a well written post! I couldn’t agree more!
Old 04-06-2020, 06:38 AM

amen. when you have 5 year olds with cell phones ,i pads, 1000.00 birthday parties, play dates, helicopter parents etc. what do you expect. Go out (after the virus) and climb a tree, ride their bikes and basically act like kids. No wonder they grow up feeling entitled.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayakguy View Post
Yes! That's great! I'm a kayaker. Built Pygmy Boat Company's 17' Arctic Tern and paddled it and camped in NY's Adirondacks, Florida and the Canadian Maritimes.
If you still paddle maybe we can get out sometime.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
What a beautiful kayak!
Thank you, I have 4 of them if you ever want to head out.
The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
agree, entitled, make, time, don’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.