I'm surprised, it's been 24+ hours and.....

Old 05-18-2024, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,362 Times in 4,353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Video said he drove pass and officer chased him down. Did’t follow police instruction. I highly doubt officer grabs moving vehicle, I would imagine he was shouting STOP and the golfer complied. It be pleaded down to and fine.
My prediction?

Charges dropped and Scheffler will pay for the officers "$80 pants" that were supposedly ruined when he fell down and went boom...

-Tom Petty

Old 05-18-2024, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,362 Times in 4,353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGibson View Post
Amazing how all the attention went to a very wealthy golfer as opposed to the bigger story of the retiree who was volunteering and who lost his life.
Scheffler's first words in his post round interview were asking for prayers for the family of the man who lost his life, insisting that was more important than him...

-Tom Petty

Old 05-18-2024, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,505 Times in 2,116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Again, they keep stating he " didnt know it was a police officer"...which leads me back to my first post on this. Why does it matter? A human being is attached to your vehicle. Stop!
I can't find any report where that part is disputed. Look..hes a good guy in a bad scene...its unfortunate but it is what it is at this point
If a human being reached out and attached himself to my vehicle I certainly would not stop, that's how carjackings happen!

Also, is it possible the driver had no idea whatsoever that someone had chosen to attach themselves to the vehicle? Hopefully, some video of the incident will materialize and answer the questions of what actually happened.

Third, if a civilian suddenly maneuvers himself into a position to be struck by a moving vehicle and then files an insurance claim we call that fraud. In this case, the officer apparently suddenly maneuvered himself to be "attached" to a moving vehicle and then filed charges. Should there be a double standard?

Again, hopefully some video of the incident will materialize.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Old 05-18-2024, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,071 Times in 4,202 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
If a human being reached out and attached himself to my vehicle I certainly would not stop, that's how carjackings happen!

Also, is it possible the driver had no idea whatsoever that someone had chosen to attach themselves to the vehicle? Hopefully, some video of the incident will materialize and answer the questions of what actually happened.

Third, if a civilian suddenly maneuvers himself into a position to be struck by a moving vehicle and then files an insurance claim we call that fraud. In this case, the officer apparently suddenly maneuvered himself to be "attached" to a moving vehicle and then filed charges. Should there be a double standard?

Again, hopefully some video of the incident will materialize.
I tend to agree.

The witnesses stated that another official was waving Scottie in when the arresting officer ran after him, which fits the text that players received stating that there was a traffic problem, and players would be allowed to go through. If one is driving, trying to navigate around stopped and abandoned vehicles when it is dark and raining, your eyes are focused ahead of you. It may take a few seconds to realize someone has "attached" themselves to the side of your vehicle and another second or two to process that and stop. The witnesses also stated the officer was using foul language and banging his flashlight against the clearly marked PGA courtesy car. Professional behavior?????? The officer was described as a "detective". So he jumps on a moving car because it was making what he considered an illegal turn????? Just where did he think the car was going? He couldn't just note the license plate?

I just think the officer greatly overreacted, maybe because of the tragedy that had just occurred that he was investigating. He was not on traffic control duty and probably didn't get "the memo" that stated allow players and essential personnel through. He may have had poor impulse control as well, apparently slamming Scottie's face into the car window according to the witness reports.

Old 05-18-2024, 11:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
If a human being reached out and attached himself to my vehicle I certainly would not stop, that's how carjackings happen!.......
I find it pretty unlikely someone would attempt a carjacking in the middle of a traffic jam surrounded by dozens of police officers

Old 05-18-2024, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,505 Times in 2,116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I find it pretty unlikely someone would attempt a carjacking in the middle of a traffic jam surrounded by dozens of police officers
I agree, I was responding to the general statement and not the specific situation.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Old 05-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,204 Times in 793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGibson View Post
Amazing how all the attention went to a very wealthy golfer as opposed to the bigger story of the retiree who was volunteering and who lost his life.
First off, Scheffler made it a point to express his condolences to the family, since the moment the situation occurred.

Secondly, what goes money have to do with anything? And the "retiree" who was "volunteering", PAID to be a volunteer. That's how it works. $270 + applicable taxes and fees and you too could have been a volunteer.

Old 05-18-2024, 11:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,204 Times in 793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
It will....they always do. As you know, huge event...cameras are everywhere.
Per the Louisville Mayor, there is no video of the incident, other than Jeff Darlington's.

Despite Louisville Police Department regulations that requires all officers to wear and activate body cams, the involved officer didn't record the event. No reason given.

https://x.com/WDRBNews/status/1791856420524113942

https://x.com/WDRBNews/status/1791857311935267138

Last edited by BrianL99; 05-18-2024 at 01:18 PM.

Old 05-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Per the Louisville Mayor, there is no video of the incident, other than Jeff Darlington's.

Hmmm......

Well I guess it's now he said/she said.

Old 05-18-2024, 01:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,291 Times in 5,457 Posts

Quote:
Hmmm......

Well I guess it's now he said/she said.
That allows us to speculate till the cows come home or even after

Old 05-18-2024, 03:49 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Exactly

Old 05-18-2024, 03:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post

Despite Louisville Police Department regulations that requires all officers to wear and activate body cams, the involved officer didn't record the event. No reason given.

I think Belichick might...

Old 05-18-2024, 06:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,291 Times in 5,457 Posts

Quote:
Well they usually do not give thieves an intelligence test when they are caught.

Old 05-18-2024, 09:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,924 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Video said he drove pass and officer chased him down. Did’t follow police instruction. I highly doubt officer grabs moving vehicle, I would imagine he was shouting STOP and the golfer complied. It be pleaded down to and fine.
Video did not show any such thing.

Old 05-18-2024, 09:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,248 Times in 2,825 Posts

Lots of speculation, remember people in this country are innocent until proven guilty. Let the dust settle, and the facts come out, before passing judgement on someone with both a squeaky clean record and reputation.

Tags
victim, facts, pose, question, speculation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.