Inconsiderate Parking !!!

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2020, 02:22 PM

Same happened to me.., I waited and told him
Old 02-19-2020, 02:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,008 Times in 1,736 Posts

What about telling store security and asking them to move it? Or announcing it on the PA?
Old 02-19-2020, 04:29 PM
Default Inconsiderate parking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
The Admiral came home in a tirade, not against me--thank God--she was shopping @ the Traverse Plaza Publix

Well, some 'gentleman" parked his golf so close to her driver's side door that she was forced to enter via the passenger door, climb over the center console in order to get behind the wheel & start the car--no easy task for a person in their 70's and the car is an SL--thank GO\od again she's a fitness freak
Tell her next time just to put the golf cart in neutral and move it. When they come out they’ll have to find it. Normally they’re easy to roll.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:07 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
What about telling store security and asking them to move it? Or announcing it on the PA?
WHAT. If a store has a security guard he or she is not going to get involved and how would u know in which store the offender was shopping.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
Sorry that happened to you...although it makes me wonder if your Admiral parked too close to the line on her side, which contributed to the problem? From the sound of your text, you probably don't want to ask her that question :-)
That's what crossed my mind too. Golf carts park two per parking spot. Basically, the carts park very close to the parking lot lines as if they hug the lines. In order for a car to be blocked in on one side next to a cart, the car would have to be too close to the line.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
The Admiral parks inside of the line, the cart was over the line--her car cost over a $100K, she makes sure there is plenty of room--also her car has 360 degree surround view for parking
Well, that answers that question. Certainly, the driver of any car or cart over the line has poor judgement in parking.

Last edited by coffeebean; 02-19-2020 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Evidently the "The Admiral" is in charge in the family. Maybe "The Ensign " needs to go to the brig since this ship seems to have a way beyond the normal number of problems for a vessel. Remember, "a slip of the lip will sink the ship."
Loose lips sink ships. Say that three times fast!
Old 02-19-2020, 08:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim McGraw View Post
Is there a rule about parking a golf cart in a parking space? I always stagger my cart with another. However, if I am the first one in the spot, should I ALWAYS park on the front left side and leave the back right side for the next golf cart? It seems like this would free up the adjacent parking spot driver door. However, if the adjacent parking spot driver backed in, well then the opposite would be true. Help!!
I always pull through in a parking spot, in a car or a golf cart, when ever a lot has those types of spaces. I will actually park farther away in a lot so I can pull through.

In a golf cart, I always pull through on the left side and go all the way to the front of the spot. This way, I can line up my tires just to the inside of the line on the left side of my cart.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:37 PM

Some clown parked his cart in Front of my car so I couldn't get out I simply put it in neutral , Kicked off the brake rolled it into the Street and left it there, This was in Spanish Springs I just come out from my bowling league
Old 02-19-2020, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket6789 View Post
Some clown parked his cart in Front of my car so I couldn't get out I simply put it in neutral , Kicked off the brake rolled it into the Street and left it there, This was in Spanish Springs I just come out from my bowling league
Seems to me if you actually left the cart sitting in the street that more than one clown was involved in this story.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,900 Times in 2,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket6789 View Post
There no transmission, it’s CVT clutch, just step on gas pedal and the brake will release. It will roll free.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:54 AM

Quote:
The Admiral parks inside of the line, the cart was over the line--her car cost over a $100K, she makes sure there is plenty of room--also her car has 360 degree surround view for parking
Maybe have the Admiral Park her 100k+ car a little further away and walk. After all you did say she is a fitness freak....

After living up north, we always park further away, it avoids a lot of door dings.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:04 AM
Sage

In parking lots this time of the year-you have to settle for any available spot--
Old 02-20-2020, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

This happened to me once at Spanish Springs...I took the last parking lot sized for an auto...when we came out from The Sharon a darn golf cart had managed to squeeze in between my car and another legally parked golf cart that I had to crawl over from the passenger side door. There was no way that this golf cart driver didn't know what they were doing. The didn't car if I was a handicapped person or someone way too old to climb over from the right side. Angry? You can't believe how angry their selfish behavior made me. I left a note on their steering wheel to let them know that it seems as though someone had ''keyed' the sides of their cart
Old 02-20-2020, 09:07 AM

If I may change the topic slightly... Will People with those gigantic add-ons to the back of their carts please back into a parking spot instead of letting that thing stick out into traffic. Haven't seen the side of a car scrapped yet, but it has probably happened. Why not just pull it up on the sidewalk? (If you can't back it in). Better yet...how often do you use that add on to the back of your cart. Seemed like a good idea when you had it done? The garage can remove it for you. Save it in the garage for later. (Never). OK? Don't get me started on speed bumps. If we remove them the speeders will go crazy! Why aren't there any south (rare) of 466? Thank you for listening.
Closed Thread

Tags
door, inconsiderate, start, wheel, console

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.