internet service

Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Default internet service

We hope to be coming down in Januaury but we need internet capability. Our potential rental does not have internet service. How hard will it be to get it in our rental ,and if not possible there, can we go somewhere in the villages and get wi-fi or hook-up for a fee?
Old 09-13-2007, 09:48 AM
LAVNDR
Default Re: internet service

I had the same problem earlier this year before I purchased. had a rental with no internet. was able with the owners permission to get Comcast installed for a limited time. There are install charges and monthly charges but the process was rather painless. At the end of the rental I called, had the service disconnected and returned the modem to Comcast.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: internet service

As I recall reading, wi-fi is available at the rec centers. Also a lot of villagers have their wireless unsecured so that the neighbors can piggy back off their hookup. You might consider obtaining an external USB antenna and see if you receive a signal when u get in TV

Handie :joke:

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.