INTERNET SERVICES

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Default Re: INTERNET SERVICES

Thanks Barb good to know...But what about high speed internet. I don't want to go back to dial-up.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:07 PM

ocala is a long distance call. in my early days of dialup i used aol out of wildwood or leesburg.
it was the only viable way for me to function as a snowbirder
i'm now settled in tv and use embarq dsl. for an old lifetime promo rate of 19.95/month
Old 08-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Sage

Darby... high speed internet options...comcast at about 45 / month or embarq dsl (have a promotion now that says fix cost for life at 25/month. Both have new customer promotions. Hi speed internet will not be a problem.

Cell phones...if you guys only want cell phones for emergency, where are you type of communication, then I would recommend a prepaid cell phone. We use Tracfone...for $100/yr with annual plan you get about 400 minutes (depending on what promotion they are running) and often have deals on phones too. Check their website www.tracfone.com. No monthly fees and I've had no problems getting signals here. For the casual cell phone user, it's the most economical way to go. Wait til you get here to buy one...since the phone activation needs to take place in the area in which you will be based.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:37 PM

Talked to Verizon today. Family members have Verizon. For 2 phones, 700 min per month (for 2) no roaming (we want the phone when we are on the road to TV) free weekends and evenings and our Verizon family members call free (no min) and with a Colorado phone number (even in TV) our other family and friends can call at no long distance charge to them....$69.00 and initial costs of $50 for 2 phones. We've never had a cell phone before but I think that sounds pretty good. (What do you all think??????)

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.