Jump in Coronavirus in Sumter co

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2020, 08:38 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Not to worry, the government will take care of us.
Old 04-20-2020, 09:02 AM

Well, being a retired corporate financial controller. I can tell you that isn't that easy to really know the financial situation of a company without looking at the profit and loss and balance sheet statements. What was their % return on sales before and after, the costs if operation before and after the shutdown, cash flow, etc. Without any revenue coming in, I'm sure they are scrambling to cover the cost of those huge ships that are out of operation. The costs of idle ships have to be substantial. Ships systems and mechanics have to continue to be maintained, along large docking fees, etc. Stockholders will want to know that expense cuts are made anywhere possible. The CEO's compensation may seem exorbitant to you but, seeing the amounts you listed, are less than I would have expected and certainly not out of the norm. When you have the total responsibility of a company's success or failure on your shoulders, the compensation has to be comparable to other companies to attract the best person possible. If you want to put that into comparison to about every pro athletic compensation, it's not even close and they have no responsibility for a company and people's lives. Those companies have to survive if jobs are to return when this horrible time is over. So if you want to complain about high salaries, complain about twisted values we have placed on friggen sports and movie stars, and the completely exorbitant salaries of these people, who have none this kind of responsibility on their shoulders.
Old 04-20-2020, 09:02 AM

The Villages in Sumter county 67 positive cases. Lake in TV 9.
Old 04-20-2020, 09:03 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geedad View Post
They are all located in the Sumter State Prison. The State updated all of their prison numbers this weekend.

Do you mean the Coleman Federal Correctional?
Old 04-20-2020, 09:27 AM

I saw online news that of the 21 new cases in Sumter, 20 were in Bushnell and 1 in Villages.
Old 04-20-2020, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmken2 View Post
I saw online news that of the 21 new cases in Sumter, 20 were in Bushnell and 1 in Villages.
COVID-19 cases reported in 54 Florida prisons

"Sumter Correctional Institution also has been impacted by the virus, with three inmates and two workers testing positive for COVID-19 and tests on 39 inmates pending, officials said. The Bushnell prison, which can house up to 1,639 inmates, has 484 inmates in isolation or quarantine, officials said."
Old 04-20-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschiavo View Post
The Villages in Sumter county 67 positive cases. Lake in TV 9.
what about the villages in marion county? how many there The Villages in Sumter county 67 positive cases. Lake in TV 9.
Old 04-20-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
There will be no published increase in numbers of COVID patients until there is more testing. If there is no testing, everyone thinks there is no problem with this pandemic. Moreover, not all people who have this disease are being reported. Case in point, a couple who are neighbors became sick as dogs after an early March plane trip. They had the EMT's at their house at least two times but were not transported to the hospital. The woman was finally tested. The man was not. I saw the man a bit later in his front yard watering his plants. In our across the street chat (he was wearing neither gloves nor mask), he told me he was feeling better (although he had lost 20 pounds) so the previous day he had walked to the postal station to pick up his mail. Presumably, he did so without face mask or gloves. He had never been tested. The next day I found out from another neighbor that the woman had tested positive for COVID. Here is how the stats would be reported. During their illness, neither of them would have counted as being positive for COVID. Neither would have been reported as sick. As they recuperate, the woman would have been reported as positive. He would not have been. I am sure their situation is not unique. The numbers we see are vastly underreported. Are you ready to go to your postal station without gloves and mask now?
What's the difference in that and the flu. It sounds like to me they are going to be OK! This pandemic has been blown way out of proportion. They shut the whole country down because of New York, New Jersey and Mass. You have governors that have gone way out of their pay grade. Oh, they are still getting paid.
Old 04-20-2020, 10:14 AM

This is no surprise to any woman.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:36 AM

Unfortunately not everybody is doing it
Old 04-20-2020, 12:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1916 View Post
Royal Caribbean Cruises’ CEO Richard Fain (photo top in happier days) collected $14,358,919 in compensation in 2019, the cruise line announced two weeks ago in a SEC filing.

Two days earlier, Royal Caribbean announced that it was laying off 25% of its workforce in the United States, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, Royal Caribbean announced the “early conclusion of many crew contracts.” Last month, Royal Caribbean laid off 1,000 contractors.

Royal Caribbean SEC filings indicate that prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, the cruise line employed approximately 77,000 employees, which includes 70,000 shipboard employees, and 7,000 full-time employees in its shoreside operations.

Mr. Fain has collected an average of $12,000,000 a year in compensation each year for the last 6 years for a total of approximately $72,000,000. He earned $12,422,715 in 2018, $13,343,413 in 2017, $10,405,684 in 2016, $9,388,569 in 2016 and $12,013,878 in 2015.

In the beginning of April, Mr. Fain announced that he was forgoing six months (through the end of September) of his $1,100,000 base salary which turns out to be around $550,000. This may see like a substantial amount of money, but it is only around 3.5% of his compensation last year. Mr. Fain received around $13,100,000 of his compensation in stock awards, incentive plans compensation, increases in his pension plan and other compensation.

And what county has the highest Virus count,?where the ships dumped all the sick passengers that were to St---d to stay home.
Good statistics, but I would like to have seen a conclusion reached.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingodoll View Post
This pandemic has been blown way out of proportion.
I don't think this has been blown way out of proportion.
People are dying.
If you really think that, I feel sorry for you.

Last edited by Barefoot; 04-20-2020 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I don't think has been blown way out of proportion.
People are dying.
If you really think that, I feel sorry for you.
I agree with Bare.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,382 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingodoll View Post
This pandemic has been blown way out of proportion.
Tell that to the doctors and nurses in the front line of this pandemic.
Tell that to the relatives of the thousands who died.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
There will be no published increase in numbers of COVID patients until there is more testing. If there is no testing, everyone thinks there is no problem with this pandemic. Moreover, not all people who have this disease are being reported. Case in point, a couple who are neighbors became sick as dogs after an early March plane trip. They had the EMT's at their house at least two times but were not transported to the hospital. The woman was finally tested. The man was not. I saw the man a bit later in his front yard watering his plants. In our across the street chat (he was wearing neither gloves nor mask), he told me he was feeling better (although he had lost 20 pounds) so the previous day he had walked to the postal station to pick up his mail. Presumably, he did so without face mask or gloves. He had never been tested. The next day I found out from another neighbor that the woman had tested positive for COVID. Here is how the stats would be reported. During their illness, neither of them would have counted as being positive for COVID. Neither would have been reported as sick. As they recuperate, the woman would have been reported as positive. He would not have been. I am sure their situation is not unique. The numbers we see are vastly underreported. Are you ready to go to your postal station without gloves and mask now?
PERFECT !!!!
Sorry about your neighbors health problems!
Closed Thread

Tags
site, web, state, data, sumter

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.