just not right...

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2015, 08:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't even buy one of those local discount on everything cards coupon books when the Cub Scouts are selling them.

Sometimes using coupons prompts you to buy what you don't want or need.

Damn thrifty Gracie.
We have a cub scout troop in TV? I've never noticed it in the the Thursday Recreation News. Do you know when it meets? There is someone we know who may be interested.

And you are spot on regarding coupons.
Old 05-15-2015, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,560 Times in 1,931 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
We have a cub scout troop in TV? I've never noticed it in the the Thursday Recreation News. Do you know when it meets? There is someone we know who may be interested.

And you are spot on regarding coupons.
I don't think so, we have some grown up girl scouts hanging around though. These Cub Scouts who probably didn't sell this..(I make things up sometimes) would have been back in the old days when Martha Washington and I car pooled for kindergarten pick up..
Old 05-15-2015, 09:26 AM
Send a message via AIM to jim1941

After 10 visits, you receive a $10 credit on your card. After the second 10 visits, you would receive another $10 credit. Therefore, if you go to any of their restaurants 20 times in one year, the card is paid for and the reduced drink prices are a bonus. End of story....
Old 05-15-2015, 09:42 AM

My reading skills are just fine, thank you. Perhaps it's the writing that is giving me trouble. The exact words that were used in the thread title are "just not right." Unless I'm missing something, I'm reading that as referring to the subject of the post--the loyalty card, and the fact that those who want it are paying for it. So, if it's not "right" it must be "wrong." Many people associate the word "wrong" with "bad." I know that's not necessarily the case, but that's the connotation. Obviously, the insinuation being made is that everyone who buys into the program is stupid. Maybe. All I know is that, by the end of the year, at a little less than two visits per month, I'm going to get my $20.00 back and enjoy a year's worth of $3.00 martinis. Again, if you don't want it, don't buy it. Problem (and resulting gripe) solved.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:29 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wudda1955 View Post
My reading skills are just fine, thank you. Perhaps it's the writing that is giving me trouble. The exact words that were used in the thread title are "just not right." Unless I'm missing something, I'm reading that as referring to the subject of the post--the loyalty card, and the fact that those who want it are paying for it. So, if it's not "right" it must be "wrong." Many people associate the word "wrong" with "bad." I know that's not necessarily the case, but that's the connotation. Obviously, the insinuation being made is that everyone who buys into the program is stupid. Maybe. All I know is that, by the end of the year, at a little less than two visits per month, I'm going to get my $20.00 back and enjoy a year's worth of $3.00 martinis. Again, if you don't want it, don't buy it. Problem (and resulting gripe) solved.
and then others can read beyond the header....loyalty bought? is that how you give your loyalty, for a fee??? you can make any diehard statement you wish, this thread is about calling a purchased discount card a loyal-tee card not about the obvious value of a discount card, sorry that others may have made you think differently..I never stated otherwise, go ahead reread the thread, personally I'm bored.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.