Old 03-20-2016, 04:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts
Default Ken's Antenna

Would like to breakaway from the cable world
I was at the Market of Marion there was Booth cut your cable connection
Did a little talking with Ken Olan sales person
He said he has installed several receivers in the Villages
I'm not 100% sold but looking for anyone that has cut the cable connection and what your experience is.

Thanks
Old 03-20-2016, 05:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We had Tom at VillagesAV.com install an antenna in our attic to pick up the stations from Orlando and it works well. Tom has done many such installations and is worth talking to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
I'm not 100% sold but looking for anyone that has cut the cable connection and what your experience is.

Thanks
Old 03-20-2016, 05:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
We had Tom at VillagesAV.com install an antenna in our attic to pick up the stations from Orlando and it works well. Tom has done many such installations and is worth talking to.
What stations do you get? Do you get CNN, FoxNews, TBS, USA, Golf Channel, ESPN etc?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-20-2016, 06:08 PM

Typically, antennas are put in the attic, but I have heard they won't work if you have a metallic heat barrier installed on the underside of the roof.
Old 03-20-2016, 06:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

No, those are "cable" stations. We get ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, METV, and a bunch of others that we seldom watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
What stations do you get? Do you get CNN, FoxNews, TBS, USA, Golf Channel, ESPN etc?
Old 03-20-2016, 07:01 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
Old 03-20-2016, 07:59 PM
Default Cut The Cord with Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post

Thanks
I too have experience with "Ken's Antenna" at Marion Flea Mkt and as we speak I am watching a western and the picture is "Peeerfect" I can get most of the local channels and COMPLETELY cut the cord with Cable TV and saved myself a bundle

I paid Ken $120 for the "extra good" antenna and found the EXACT same antenna on the Internet for $37 !! I went ahead and got Ken to "install" it for addition $75 as I didn't want to be climbing around in the attic running cable !

I sometimes get 40 channels on a clear day..... by most all times the Orlando News channels

You will NEVER see me subscribe to "Cable TV"....ever again

Last edited by snowbird22154; 03-28-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird22154 View Post
I too have experience with "Ken's Antenna" at Marion Flea Mkt and as we speak I am watching a western and the picture is "Peeerfect" I can get most of the local channels and COMPLETELY cut the cord with Cable TV and saved myself a bundle

I paid Ken $120 for the "extra good" antenna and found the EXACT same antenna on the Internet for $37 !! I went ahead and got Ken to "install" it for addition $75 as I didn't want to be climbing around in the attic !

Good luck
sent you a PM
Old 03-21-2016, 09:06 AM
Gold member

We have the antenna in the attic and get about 40 English speaking channels, but you won't get any cable TV channels. We also have the Amazon Fire TV and love it. We watch all of our movies on it. My wife still won't agree to shut off the cable though.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:25 AM

I bought a Clearstream 4 on Amazon a couple years ago. Installed it in the garage attic. Super simple because my previous dish was already connected there. It works well (all I need combined with Netflix, Roku, and ChannelMaster DVR+). But in the last few weeks I've been getting a little pixelation that I didn't before. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 03-21-2016, 03:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal :-) View Post
I bought a Clearstream 4 on Amazon a couple years ago. Installed it in the garage attic. Super simple because my previous dish was already connected there. It works well (all I need combined with Netflix, Roku, and ChannelMaster DVR+). But in the last few weeks I've been getting a little pixelation that I didn't before. Anyone else have this issue?
i believe there has been solar activity lately
Old 03-21-2016, 04:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Is the pixelation with NBC? Sometimes NBC can be problematic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal :-) View Post
Old 03-21-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
If you have internet service with a WiFi modem and smart TV, you can get Sling for $20/month, which includes all those channels. Combine that with antenna and you miss very little. Still need HBO? Another $15/month gets you that, too.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Actually I believe the solar activity is pretty low right now.

Forecast Discussion | NOAA / NWS Space Weather Prediction Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
i believe there has been solar activity lately
Old 03-21-2016, 05:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawdio45 View Post
If you have internet service with a WiFi modem and smart TV, you can get Sling for $20/month, which includes all those channels. Combine that with antenna and you miss very little. Still need HBO? Another $15/month gets you that, too.
I looked at sling but it only works on one tv
Closed Thread

Tags
cable, connection, cut, installed, receivers, villages, sold, experience, person, 100%, world, market, breakaway, antenna, marion, talking, kens, ken, olan, booth, sales

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.