Hi gracie!!!!!!
Hi Sweetie!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2015, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Doubbee, Doubbee, Doo
Ha ha! Sorry, Dougbee. Had just gotten back from 25 hours in transit.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post

Too bad this forum doesn't have writing and communication rules.
These kinds of judgmental posts just burn me! There are folks out there who never had the benefit of an education--for whatever reason. There are those who don't write English as their first language. There are those who have learning disabilities that preclude them from having perfect writing skills. There are those who don't really know how to type--they're just hunting and pecking for the right letters. There are those posting from their cellphones. Then, there are those who just don't care.

Whatever the reason, I could care less whether someone uses proper English, spelling, punctuation, or any of the rest of it. I'm just happy they're participating to the best of their abilities. I'm perfectly capable of reading their writing and understanding the message they are trying to convey. I certainly hope those writers who possess imperfect skills continue to participate. Their opinions are just as valid as those who consider themselves to be perfect.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wudda1955 View Post
These kinds of judgmental posts just burn me! There are folks out there who never had the benefit of an education--for whatever reason. There are those who don't write English as their first language. There are those who have learning disabilities that preclude them from having perfect writing skills. There are those who don't really know how to type--they're just hunting and pecking for the right letters. There are those posting from their cellphones. Then, there are those who just don't care.

Whatever the reason, I could care less whether someone uses proper English, spelling, punctuation, or any of the rest of it. I'm just happy they're participating to the best of their abilities. I'm perfectly capable of reading their writing and understanding the message they are trying to convey. I certainly hope those writers who possess imperfect skills continue to participate. Their opinions are just as valid as those who consider themselves to be perfect.

Your post struck my heart on all levels. I hope you know that my smart aleck posts about "no pee in Lake Sumter" is meant to be gentle teasing for new folks. And the truth is, I don't have periods. Thank goodness.

Thank you for reminding us that we are all here to enjoy this place and not pass any tests.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Yes, "seriously," unless you went to the same school as pens1966.
I couldn't tell from your post because yours was only one word!

Even if pens wrote one sentence per line, it would have been understandable.
Too bad this forum doesn't have writing and communication rules.
Really?
Old 03-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wudda1955 View Post

Amen!
Old 03-02-2015, 12:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I have a home in the Village of Lake Deaton and have come to love Brownwood over all the other town squares in the Villages. But I was a soldier once.. and young!
We "southerns" are spoiled right now due to light crowds at the country clubs and brownwood.....I stepped out of our southern bubble and went to lake sumter and spanish springs recently.....freaking crowds were ridiculous......45 minute wait at the lighthouse at 2 pm....as Dunedin, Osceola, Labelle and Fruitland build out we will probably be as bad
Old 03-02-2015, 01:24 PM

Never mind

Last edited by Laurie2; 03-02-2015 at 11:31 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.