Lady Lakes and The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Default Lady Lakes and The Villages

Is Lady Lakes part of The Villages? I am confused.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Sage

The portion of the Villages in Lake County (East of 441, Spanish Springs and adjacent villages) are in the City of Lady Lake. They get City services while the portions of The Villages in Marion and Sumter Counties have County services.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 05-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNYMARYANN View Post
Is Lady Lakes part of The Villages? I am confused.

I was told by the Post Office that I could use either Lady Lake or The Villages as a mailing address as long as I use the correct postal code. (I live in Sumter County). The post office told me The Villages and Lady Lake are "interchangeable".
Old 05-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Default Lady Lake

And, from a newspaper man who's been in Florida more than 25 years: To confuse it even more, the Daily Sun was formerly known as the Lady Lake Daily Sun.

Truly trivial trivia.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I was told by the Post Office that I could use either Lady Lake or The Villages as a mailing address as long as I use the correct postal code. (I live in Sumter County). The post office told me The Villages and Lady Lake are "interchangeable".

Did you tell him you lived in Sumter County?

The Post Office sorts the mail by Zip Code and probably doesn't care what city or state you put in your address. We get mail addressed to our zip code and to Union City, New Jersey and we live in Union City, California.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 05-31-2009, 07:17 AM
Veteran member

Every home in The Villages is located in one of 4 geopolitical subdivisions. (Five if you include Wildwood. ( Not sure if there are any TV homes in City of Wildwood..yet. ) In TV, three of those subdivisions are counties, Lake, Marion and Sumter. One is a City..Lady Lake. For services, tax and voting purposes, your home is recorded through property maps in one of the above jurisdictions.

Post offices are federal jurisdictions and different subdivisions are used to identify mail districts not necessarily aligned by county or city. Confusing?

The bottom line is you live in the geopolitical subdivision that sends you your tax bill.

Have a nice day.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:52 PM
Platinum member

A wrinkle to all of this is that some software programs used by businesses, etc., do not recognize the existence of The Villages as a postal entity. Therefore, when you tell some entity that you live in The Villages, zip 32162. you may still get mail addressed to Lady Lake, zip 32162.

I get all sorts of unsolicited return address labels. Most show The Villages, some show Lady Lake; both undoubtedly show the correct nine-digit zip.

Both are valid, but I prefer to use only those that read The Villages.

Some of the problem stems from the fact that, as I understand it, all mail destined for The Villages comes to and is sorted at the Lady Lake Post Office, off of Coiunty Road 25.

SWR
Old 06-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Default I still can't figure it out!!

Lets see now Lady Lake (pop. 5000+) they have a police dept and a real post office. Villages (pop 75000+) we have a community watch (old guys driving a truck around) and a truck that shows up twice a week to sell stamps and weigh packages.

Hmmmmmmmm ..... anybody see anything wrong with this picture?

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 06-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABRMnLgs View Post
Lets see now Lady Lake (pop. 5000+) they have a police dept and a real post office. Villages (pop 75000+) we have a community watch (old guys driving a truck around) and a truck that shows up twice a week to sell stamps and weigh packages.

Hmmmmmmmm ..... anybody see anything wrong with this picture?
Our zip 32162...when we called the Sheriff's Dept, what looked like two thirty-
something year old men dressed in Blue uniforms, came to our home. They sure looked official to us.........

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.