Lake Sumter New Years eve party thread has been pulled. Here's why

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 12-06-2007, 02:53 PM
octcr octcr is offline
Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 33
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Lake Sumter New Years eve party thread has been pulled. Here's why

Just curious...who says people have to leave the square at 9:00...it is a public square...right? Can someone bring a boom box and let the goodtimes roll? I just cannot believe a group of senior citizens gone wild at TV.
  #17  
Old 12-06-2007, 04:14 PM
SteveZ SteveZ is offline
Banned
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 32162
Posts: 1,835
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake Sumter New Years eve party thread has been pulled. Here's why

Let's see... If the normal music is at LSL from 5-9PM, then we can celebrate:

At 6PM - New Year's in most of western Europe
At 7PM - " " " England & Ireland
At 8PM - " " " Somewhere in the Central Atlantic Ocean
At 9PM - " " " Brazil & Chile

By the time I've toasted all of those, I'm not sure I'll be awake anyway for anything later (LOL)
  #18  
Old 12-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Hope2b Hope2b is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 178
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake Sumter New Years eve party thread has been pulled. Here's why

Quote:
Originally Posted by octcr
Just curious...who says people have to leave the square at 9:00...it is a public square...right? Can someone bring a boom box and let the goodtimes roll? I just cannot believe a group of senior citizens gone wild at TV.
Great minds think a like. I had thought about doing that.
BTW went to get my NYE refund and was given sixteen small bottles of champagne (eight for each table)for my trouble. Nice touch but I don't like champagne.
  #19  
Old 12-06-2007, 05:50 PM
pvkathy pvkathy is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake Sumter New Years eve party thread has been pulled. Here's why

I called the entertainment dep't.
Linda said that the story told to her was that "law enforcement" recommended the music stop at 9pm.
I called & spoke with Lt. Wolf of Sumter Sheriffs office. He said he did not make that recommendation. He said there were no arrests at the square last year.
Barbara from the entertainment office called & said she canceled it because she walked around the square and saw a fight last year. When I told her that Lt. Wolf said there were no arrests her reply was --- There was too many people wanting space, we never promised you new years entertainment so, we are only doing 5 to 9.
  #20  
Old 12-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Taltarzac
Guest
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Lake Sumter New Years eve party thread has been pulled. Here's why

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvkathy
I called the entertainment dep't.
Linda said that the story told to her was that "law enforcement" recommended the music stop at 9pm.
I called & spoke with Lt. Wolf of Sumter Sheriffs office. He said he did not make that recommendation. He said there were no arrests at the square last year.
Barbara from the entertainment office called & said she canceled it because she walked around the square and saw a fight last year. When I told her that Lt. Wolf said there were no arrests her reply was --- There was too many people wanting space, we never promised you new years entertainment so, we are only doing 5 to 9.
Too many Villagers wanted to go to the party. Sounds like? :joke:
  #21  
Old 12-06-2007, 09:09 PM
RAB RAB is offline
Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake Sumter New Years eve party thread has been pulled. Here's why

Good for TV. Enough complaining and thay shut it down. Enough said.
  #22  
Old 12-07-2007, 02:30 PM
F16 1UB's Avatar
F16 1UB F16 1UB is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Villages of Hadley
Posts: 1,718
Thanks: 9
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Lake Sumter New Years eve party thread has been pulled. Here's why

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveZ
Let's see... If the normal music is at LSL from 5-9PM, then we can celebrate:

At 6PM - New Year's in most of western Europe
At 7PM - " " " England & Ireland
At 8PM - " " " Somewhere in the Central Atlantic Ocean
At 9PM - " " " Brazil & Chile

By the time I've toasted all of those, I'm not sure I'll be awake anyway for anything later (LOL)
Been there done that. LOL


:beer2:
  #23  
Old 12-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Taltarzac
Guest
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Lake Sumter New Years eve party thread has been pulled. Here's why

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16 1UB
Been there done that. LOL


:beer2:
You could really get mileage out of this idea if you were in Hawaii or NYE. Could celebrate New York's NYE, then Chicago's, then Denver's, then Los Angeles, then Anchorage's, and finally Honolulu's. Does Midway or Nome have a NYE's celebration?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 AM.