The last of the Buffalo.

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2008, 09:00 PM
Sage
Default Re: The last of the Buffalo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
The Daily Sun reports that there are currently three buffalo litigation claims. So the buffalo have to be sent away to protect the residents. If the Developer truly wants to keep the buffalo, he will listen to the residents and provide a barrier between folks and the buffalo! A double fence with electric fencing would do the trick. (Electric fences give a light shock which is unpleasant but not dangerous). And more signs to further reduce his liability.

Makes me wonder if the Developer wants to claim back the buffalo fields for a more profitable use. Which he is totally within his rights to do. And is taking this opportunity to announce the buffalo are being moved to isolation. This way the Developer deflects the anger of residents onto "the stupid people who caused the buffalo to be moved" and not at the Developer. Hope this isn't the case.

Which fence is electrified? the inner one for the Buffs or the outer one for the stupids
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 05-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Sage

Ha! Good one, Chuck :bigthumbsup: 1rnfl
Old 05-15-2008, 10:13 PM

It sounds like that same old story of a few who ruin it for the rest of us.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Veteran member

Poor Mr. Schwartz' idea for special place to live is disappearing bit by bit.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:45 PM

I'm so disappointed that they are being moved. We haven't been there long enough to enjoy them on a regular basis or show our grandchildren what the buffalo look like. Why not double fence the area. One fence where it currently is located and one about 20 feet further in so that people can't get near the herd. The buffalo are part of what we like in TV.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Gold member

Things were fine when folks just stopped by to look and take photos. Then some decided they had to climb onto the fence to get a closer look or, to be in same photo as the Buffaloes. Then there were those who thought the poor beasts weren't being fed properly who had to show up at fence holding apples, carrots and you name it.

Some folks just had to push the envelope, ignore the posted waring signs and once injured now have to sue.

So now they think the developer is the bad guy. Why couldn't these people just have learned to follow the warnings?

Just takes a few I want mine and it's all for me, to ruin things for everyone else.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:14 AM

I'm saddened to read that the buffalo are to be moved as a result of the stupidity and greed of a few individuals. Who could be that idiotic as to place their body or parts thereof over the fence and expect a wild animal, who is normally very territorial, and extremely territorial when protecting a calf, to do nothing untoward?
Why initiate a law suit? The buffalo where being buffalo.....and the people involved were being a different kind of critter, i.e. JACKASSES.
I hope for two things:
1. That the courts dismisses what I believe is a frivolous lawsuit.
2. That Mark Morse finds some way to still exhibit the buffalo....without exposing himself to this kind of legal abuse.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:07 AM

My words exactly. I have gone by people who are stopped on the cart path almost standing in the buffalo's face. Some times these same people have their small grandchildren on their shoulders. There are signs at every area where the buffalo roam(ok, so that was a groaner)so what part don't these people get. Maybe they have never seen a buffalo. I will miss seeing them as well. I hope that whatever judge presides over the lawsuits, that he makes these :jokers pay for court costs, & then have the bailiff throws them out on their behinds. Whew, I'm glad I got that off my chest or I'd be awake all night stewing.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:12 AM

I vote for the outer one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca
Which fence is electrified? the inner one for the Buffs or the outer one for the stupids
Old 05-16-2008, 05:17 AM

I had always wanted a "Home where the Buffalo roam" and had one for a while. I urge that the Buffalo be kept visible in The Villages. If that isn't possible, maybe the school mascot should be changes from a "Buffalo" to a "Litigator" !!!!!!!!!!!! Ain't that a crock !!!!!!!! Oh yeah, Better fences make good neighbors, even for critters.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Send a message via AIM to smalldog

Yes, The Villages are changing....... first we have golf clubs pilfered from carts and then the carts themselves and then some people who think Walt Disney showed a true picture of animals living in the wild (Bambi, etc.) ........ ( ??? :edit:maybe little Emily doesn't have to pet the nice buffalo) ........ now we are handed suers( it was funny on the old Bob Newhart show) but it looses something real life in TheVillages ...........
HELP SAVE OUR BUFFALO, yeah some of us do care javascript:void(0);
Old 05-17-2008, 11:51 AM

Barefoot: The electric fence is a good idea if it's on the human side, the buffalo really don't need it.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnGirl
Barefoot: The electric fence is a good idea if it's on the human side, the buffalo really don't need it.
MnGirl, I totally agree. I was suggesting the electric fence on the human side to discourage the idiots from approaching the buffalo (since obviously idiots don't read the signs). Buffs aren't cute little bunnies, they are animals to respect.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:13 PM

Buffalo are amenities ????

Use some of the amenities $$$ and build a fence within a fence to keep them back from the people that enjoy them.

Dennis
Old 05-18-2008, 06:25 PM

How about Mr. Morse putting the names of the people who have filed the lawsuits and what the lawsuits are for in The Daily Sun? We heard that one is simply for the buffalo "scaring" someone's grandchild...no injuries. Supposedly, the child was feeding a carrot to a baby buffalo and the mother ran up and pushed the baby away. The child jumped back and started screaming/crying. Mother animals are very protective. So....let's hear about this lawsuit....is that the true reason for the suit? If it is, how pathetic. Money-hungry, sorry examples of human beings. Mr. Morse, make an example of them by publishing their names and where they live !
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.