Lawn ornament trolls

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2019, 02:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Thanks for finding the punishment that may be inflicted on an owner with an offensive lawn ornament.

After all of those actions are taken, what do you think will happen if the owner still refuses to remove the offending lawn ornament?

In my opinion, the phrase "legal remedies" may including seizing the home and evicting the owner.
OMG they can't seize your home or evict you.
God what planet did you come from.
They can fine and penalize to convince you to comply.
If you feel it to be unfair then you can take them to court. Furthermore they are not Jesus Christ himself!
It takes a lot to fine you and they better be spot on, most of there enforcement is intimidation.
If your, wrong then take in down if you are right stand up for your rights.
There are restrictions they try to impose that are preempted by state and Federal laws. to give examples Religious beliefs, outside antenna, close-line. etc...
You own your property PERIOD and no one can take it from you, including they have no right to come on it without your permission and the easements are only for the said person on your deed!
Old 02-10-2019, 02:25 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Said the people that live in Bridgeport at Lake Miona !

Sorry....inside joke for people that live here.
OK I was done responding to this thread but that was funny
Old 02-10-2019, 03:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
If you feel it to be unfair then you can take them to court. Furthermore they are not Jesus Christ himself!
It takes a lot to fine you and they better be spot on, most of there enforcement is intimidation.
There are restrictions they try to impose that are preempted by state and Federal laws. to give examples Religious beliefs, outside antenna, close-line. etc...
You own your property PERIOD and no one can take it from you, including they have no right to come on it without your permission and the easements are only for the said person on your deed!
Don't know where you get your info, but so much incorrect info in your post. for example- deed restrictions run with the land and are not related to any person. That is why they are of record in the court house. Religious yard displays are not exempt. etc.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I suspect that having to show your ID to an authority would then make them responsible for recording it which now gets back to the loss of animosity law. I am not going to put the effort into researching that angle. I read the covenants and understood them and agreed to abide by them. I also don't understand the love affair of having a lawn ornament. Decorate the inside of your house. Take my word if you win on lawn ornaments fences will be next.

May I also suggest that the developer has tuned the system exactly they way they want it. They can not be the bad guy in a violation but still have a vehicle to enforce the rules if and when they wish. Best of all worlds for them.
Well said!
Old 02-10-2019, 03:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Said the people that live in Bridgeport at Lake Miona !

Sorry....inside joke for people that live here.
Sometimes I like all you crazy guys and sometimes I just love you.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
, as I personally don't have a problem with well-maintained cactus instead of the usual landscaping...as long as they don't create a hazard.

Speaking of which, there used to be an Aloe plant that partially hung out into the golf cart lane, between the 8th and 9th holes on Glenview's Stirrup Cup (Talley Ridge Dr.).

Every time I went past it, I could just envision a cart hugging the curb, a passenger not paying attention and those points on the leaves...doing some serious physical damage (think chain saw).

It's since been removed (massively trimmed?) and I'm guessing it was because I was far from the only one...who had the same concern.

Here's a Google pic of before it was removed/trimmed and if you look closely, you can see where it had been partially trimmed at the very bottom...because the leaves were in the cart lane.
Totally removed, thank goodness. I always shared your concerns. They have a swimming pool now; much better than the previous plants.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
They won't evict someone from their own property. They'd have to go through a whole different process for that.
Are you implying they can evict someone from their property after they legally "go through a whole different process"?
Old 02-10-2019, 05:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,525 Times in 3,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Are you implying they can evict someone from their property after they legally "go through a whole different process"?
There's such a thing as eminent domain, and violating a lawn ornament rule in a retirement community doesn't qualify for that. It's a legal thing that has nothing to do with this thread, but it does in fact exist.

I just assumed you were confusing that, with penalties for violating community rules.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,178 Times in 1,935 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post

Wonder what would happen if someone placed a Buddha in their front yard (as opposed to a cross)???
Honestly, I don't like having to look at all the crosses. Nothing like wearing "it" on your sleeve. I say nothing and just endure them.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Maybe that one would , although , those challenging the rule would attack it as merely a method to deter people from exercising their right to report on what, in their opinion, might be a violation. Any procedure installed would need to be reasonable.

Wonder what would happen if someone placed a Buddha in their front yard (as opposed to a cross)???
Excellent point.

Or the Islamic symbol, or a Satan symbol (if there is such a thing), or a raised black fist, or a...??

Anyway, I think most people get (even if they don't like it)...the point.

Which is, of course..."who gets to decide how the rules are ignored?"
Old 02-10-2019, 06:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Honestly, I don't like having to look at all the crosses. Nothing like wearing "it" on your sleeve. I say nothing and just endure them.
I'm with you.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:54 PM
Sage

Well. Now we know how a couple people feel.

Me and my house?

We abide by the deed restrictions.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
placing a lien against the property.
Without looking for the answer, I figured this would be the end result. Guess I was correct.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
Home owners can use outside clothes lines? I had no idea. I've never seen one here.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,525 Times in 3,111 Posts

No clothes lines, no antennae. Against the deed restrictions.
Closed Thread

Tags
restrictions, eves, deed, district, trolls

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.