Let's talk driveways

Old 04-18-2024, 09:49 AM
Default Let's talk driveways

As I'm driving through TV, I see so many gorgeous driveways, from stone, stamped concrete, painted, etc ... For those of you with a fancy driveway, could you share the cost, type and maintenance?

Could you provide the company that did your driveway?

Thank you so much!

Old 04-18-2024, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,752 Times in 5,258 Posts

My fancy plain concrete driveway was constructed by the Villages builder. The driveway looks great with no maintenance whatsoever.

Old 04-18-2024, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,171 Times in 2,260 Posts

Painted/stained driveway, Driveways by Jay, around 10 years ago, no maintenance except for an occasional power wash, NO sealing. At the time was around $2/sq ft and there were several others done in the same block, all still looking great.

Old 04-18-2024, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Painted/stained driveway, Driveways by Jay, around 10 years ago, no maintenance except for an occasional power wash, NO sealing. At the time was around $2/sq ft and there were several others done in the same block, all still looking great.
Thank you so much! Did you have a design? Wondering if that's more.

Old 04-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,359 Times in 1,453 Posts

You can't compare prices even from 2 years ago, everything is much higher. Get some real time quotes if you want to know what it will cost.

Old 04-18-2024, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
You can't compare prices even from 2 years ago, everything is much higher. Get some real time quotes if you want to know what it will cost.
Thank you. This will give me at least a point of reference and helpful information.

Old 04-18-2024, 11:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherflippinpicker View Post
Thank you so much! Did you have a design? Wondering if that's more.
Ours looks like cobble stone with an outside border area, I do not recall any additional charge, however if you are thinking about an artistic rendering, I would expect an additional charge just based on all of the additional work.

Old 04-18-2024, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Ours looks like cobble stone with an outside border area, I do not recall any additional charge, however if you are thinking about an artistic rendering, I would expect an additional charge just based on all of the additional work.
I love the cobblestone look. That's the driveway we are most interested in but don't want to spend a fortune on it either because it's cosmetic only.

Old 04-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,374 Times in 2,400 Posts

Waste of money…….

Old 04-18-2024, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,254 Posts

Painted is easy to keep clean.

For resale, keep it simple, use colors used on the garage door and exterior of home.

Make sure they use an anti-slip additive.

Old 04-18-2024, 12:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
As I'm driving through TV, I see so many gorgeous driveways, from stone, stamped concrete, painted, etc ... For those of you with a fancy driveway, could you share the cost, type and maintenance?

Thank you so much!
I had the driveway done a few months ago. I used Custom Ram Designs, they were running about two years out. I think it was about $7k. I’m in District 13, which happens to be the toughest district re: driveways. My first submitted drawing was denied. I resubmitted an amended drawing AND attended the hearing personally, that one was approved. I learned the importance of being present.

Old 04-18-2024, 12:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,752 Times in 5,258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Painted is easy to keep clean.

For resale, keep it simple, use colors used on the garage door and exterior of home.

Make sure they use an anti-slip additive.
Not my driveway because I never clean my plain concrete driveway. It gets cleaned when it rains.

Old 04-18-2024, 03:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
I love the cobblestone look. That's the driveway we are most interested in but don't want to spend a fortune on it either because it's cosmetic only.
I sent you a PM.

Old 04-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiring View Post
I had the driveway done a few months ago. I used Custom Ram Designs, they were running about two years out. I think it was about $7k. I’m in District 13, which happens to be the toughest district re: driveways. My first submitted drawing was denied. I resubmitted an amended drawing AND attended the hearing personally, that one was approved. I learned the importance of being present.
Custom Ram is the elite of driveway designers, as evidenced by their wait list. The owner is an artist.

Another driveway enhancement process is concrete overlay. We had this done 13 years ago. Would not do it again. It involves applying a colored concrete-like coating to the surface, then sealing. The colors fade in the sun and the sealing wears off. The vendors for this process seem to be a revolving door of going in, then going out of business. Our driveway is in need of patching, color, and sealing for the 3rd or 4th time and I don't know who to call.

Whereas, Custom Ram has been in business a long time because we got a quote from him all those years ago.

Old 04-19-2024, 04:32 AM

Quote:

Thank you so much!
We have a concrete overlay stone look driveway done by Hand Designs. Very pleased with this company, they are very professional, easy to work with and stand by their work. Very honest people.

Tags
driveways, driveway, type, fancy, share

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.